Re: [Common] Bills can't be paid

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Bills can't be paid/Don't receive bills

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

• My Sims have bills stuck in their inventory. They can't be paid.
  • My Sims haven't received bills in a long time.

Workaround

• Have another Sim move in. They should have the option to pay the bills (NikkiWaters)
  • Maybe if you travel a few times they get unocked. It seems they get locked when you travel to another lot but should get unlocked on your home lot.
  • Use the cheat households.force_bills_due (put testingcheats true first) to force new bills

Preventing

• Pay your bills right away and don't take them out of the mail box. Pay them through the computer/phone/mailbox
  • Don't go traveling with bills in your inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 60 (47,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Common] Bills can't be paid/Don't receive bills

Hero

I believe this to be solved

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 60 (37,697 Views)

All Replies

Bills cant be paid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got the bills from the mailbox. They appear in my inventory. When I click "pay bills" the task is canceled immediatley.

I dont have the "pay bills" option on the computer or the phone.

I dont use any mods. Savegame seems to be ruined so far.

Edit: Moving in and out doesnt solve the problem.

Message 2 of 60 (46,951 Views)

Re: Bills cant be paid

Hero

@Gorn2077 Moved your post to the thread about it.

I have no solution at this point. It's most certainly a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 60 (46,938 Views)

Hero

Added some suggestions to the first post.

Please read

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (46,789 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's most definitely a bug. I didn't even know my Sim had the bills. I sent her out to the mailbox to publish yet another book, just as the notice about 48 hours to pay the bill (which is a whopping $4851) showed up. By the time I realized it, the bills were in her inventory. The option is there to pay them, but...as many others have written here and elsewhere...the queue empties itself as soon as it fills...no bill-paying.

I'm going to try moving in another Sim, to see if that Sim can actually pay the bills.

I just started over with this Sim, since she had actually disappeared from her home earlier today...the third Sim in my game to do that (sigh).

Still...I am honestly loving TS4, glitches and all. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 60 (46,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The "moving in another Sim" workaround did the trick. I moved in a second Sim from my Library, and took her immediately to the mailbox, where she had the option to pay the very expensive bills (the household had MORE than enough simoleons on hand). Then I had to do so more research to find out out to evict just ONE Sim. ;-)

Message 6 of 60 (46,754 Views)

Hero

Thanks for confirming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 60 (46,748 Views)

★★ Novice

for me it is not working, new sims moved in but no post in the box... no option in phone to pay it and as no power anymore... not able to use the pc.

travelt a lot and moved also to new houses...

any idea?

Message 8 of 60 (46,727 Views)

Hero

Does the no power spread to the whole town ? Meaning if you change families, do they have no power either ?

Try if this cheat does anything: households.autopay_bills

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 60 (46,716 Views)

★★ Novice

other familys have power...

households.autopay_bills gives no response from console... and it happens also nothing...

tried testingcheats true and AutomationTestingCheats true infront too

the funny thing about this bug... i payed normal over the PC... and after the notice that i got a bill... you have 48 hours i checked and the option wasnt there...

so i clicked on the postbox and there was the option to pay the bills neither... only "get post"... and now it stuck in the inventory...

Message 10 of 60 (46,703 Views)