Re: Impossible To Write "Bestseller" Quality Book - Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bestseller issue-can't create bestsellers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

hi @crinrict , I just enrolled a single sim family in university (hadn't done before, new purchase) and picked student housing and she moved out and when you hover on the housing the name is there but not her picture and you click the play button (from the world) in the bottom right corner and it makes the click noise but does nothing. and she's definitely gone from the other house. and not in saved families anywhere. nobody else has had this exact issue as I can see but had similar ones?
and the game crashes if I try to visit the lot with another household. saying error code: 111:5924646b:c5d286c3.
I don't have any mods, I don't know what ccs are. I've never figured out how to download mods.

Message 11 of 18 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@crumpetbuzz So it^s not about having issues with bestsellers ?

Could you create your own thread in the tech forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (1,730 Views)

Impossible To Write "Bestseller" Quality Book - Sims 4

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, Life of the Party Digital Content, The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack, The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack, Up All Night Digital Content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By selecting a computer and proceeding to write a book of any genre or category.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the sim finishes writing the book, it will always be "Excellent" quality or below, regardless of skill, mood, or computer used.
What do you expect to see? Once the sim finishes writing the book, there should be a chance that the book is "Bestseller" quality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello everybody! Hope you guys are having a nice day or night. I have recently been getting back into the Sims 4, and I really wanted to complete as many aspirations as possible. I ran into a problem once I reached "Bestselling Author".

Now, some background info for you all:

-My sim is level 10 in writing.

-My sim has the "Creative, Geek, and Genius" personal traits.

-My sim also has the "Speed Reader, Morning Sim, Great Kisser, Professional, Fresh Chef, Shameless, Entrepreneurial, Always Welcome, Marketable, Night Owl, Needs No One, Creative Visionary, Independent, Handy, Mentor, Speed Cleaner, Observant, Webmaster, Gym Rat, Beguiling, Free Services, Frugal, Long Lived, and Quick Learner" traits.

-My sim is an adult.

-My sim uses the "Top Secret Computer," which has a bonus to the writing skill when used for writing.

-My sim has 6 objects/decor around the desk where the computer is located which boosts and provides the "Focused" mood(including the computer).

Now, here is what I've tried so far:

-Writing a book with the "Very Focused" and "Focused" mood on my sim for the majority of the time the book was being written.

-Writing a book with the "Very Inspired" and "Inspired" mood on my sim for the majority of the time the book was being written.

-Reading a non-fiction book as reference then writing a book directly after.

-Writing a book in segments(completing the book slowly over long periods of time).

Anyways, I've read online some people were having the same issue, but I never found a solution that worked. I hope someone else here at least knows what I'm talking about or has a possible solution.

Message 13 of 18 (1,667 Views)

Hero
@CosmicDaniel I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

If you could provide your save to QA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Bestseller-issue-can-t-create-bestsellers/m-p/8677... that would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (1,617 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrictI provided my save to him about a week or so ago, he still hasn't responded. Not sure what to do anymore.

Message 15 of 18 (1,570 Views)

Hero
@CosmicDaniel Don't know if they always respond to DMs.

As long as you sent it, all good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

In my case, my sims write bestseller while they are working for ‘write 5 good books’ and ‘write 10 excellent books’ milestonws. The problem is that they write over 20 books when they are working for ‘write 5 bestsellers’ milestone but no luck. It was easier to make bestseller before the 5 bestseller milestone and the previously written bestsellers are not recognized as the bestsellers when they get 5 bestsellers milestone. They have to make 5 bestsellers newly but very rarely get it. Really weird thing is, without pencil lot trait, they mostly write normal quality books with creative visionary and writing skill 10 which haven’t happened to my old sims who had already completed author aspiration. They used to write excellent quality books without pencil lot trait with creative visionary and 10 writing skill points.  

Edit: I thoguth 5 bestsellers but actually 3 bestsellers milestone. I just opened the game and realize it.

Message 17 of 18 (1,468 Views)

Hero

Sims with the Best Selling Author Aspiration can now complete their task of writing 3 Best Sellers.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (7,380 Views)