Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Bestseller issue-can't create bestsellers

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? just the free city living game pack i think
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by writing on the pc
What happens when the bug occurs? So I'm working on the writing aspiration, I've done it tons of times with other sims, I have max writing level and the best pc you can buy your sim without career rewards and even creative visionary. I've tried writing while inspired, my sim is never weary and never tense along with a few other traits, I've written over and over and over again but still no best seller and I'm not sure why. I haven't come across any while working through the writing levels, they've all been excellent, I usually come across two or three by the time I get to level 10, and that's without traits and a cruddy pc.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see some best sellers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (11,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bestseller issue-can't create bestsellers

Hero

Sims with the Best Selling Author Aspiration can now complete their task of writing 3 Best Sellers.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (7,218 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Going to tag this as needs input to see if others have the same issue or if they're able to get them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (11,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@XxColdFangxX
It is harder to write a bestseller lately but I force my sim to read at least three books before he starts to write the next book and then he succeeds. Last time yesterday in the game. Have you tried to repair the game on Origin?

Message 3 of 18 (11,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I have also come across that problem. Same with my sim, she did everything and has all skills, but still after so many trys is not able to write that bestseller. Quiet frustrating. 

I have all expansions packs (except for that "get famous" one) and played from time to time with mods, but not atm. I was having that problem before and after the last game patch. 

Maybe someone can help.

Message 4 of 18 (11,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys!

I’ve just found out what you have to do in order to write bestsellers. It works, my Sim wrote 3 best sellers consequently.

So, click on a book (not one written by your Sim) and you should see the option “Read as reference”. Click on it, wait for your Sim to accomplish this task and check what genre is the book you chose. 

Start writing a book of the same genre.

(My Sim had already mastered the writing skill though so i’m not sure the level one must be in order to get the “read as reference” option)

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 18 (10,589 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. My Sim, Harley, has a lot going for her in terms of traits: Creative, Perfectionist, Creatively Gifted (from childhood), Creative Visionary (from rewards store), and Muser (from aspiration). I will have her read a book in between writing. She is always very inspired when she writes. She has written perhaps ten excellent books, but no bestsellers, which means that she has been stuck at that stage of her aspiration for her entire adult life.

I saw the suggestion to read a book from reference. Unfortunately, the only related trait Harley doesn't have is Bookworm. I could change her traits in the reward store, but it seems odd that this would be a requirement for completing the aspiration. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Thanks so much!

PS. I have the Seasons and Get To Work expansion packs. I am on a fairly old Mac with OS 10.11.6

PPS. I have a perhaps related bug which is that if a Sim signs up for a gig and then travels before completing, the completed work is accepted by the client, but the boxes uncheck themselves so the project doesn't count. I wonder if it is related, because Harley kept having this problem as a freelance writer.

Message 6 of 18 (10,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Is this still a problem for anyone? I tried in my own game just now and was able to successfully create a bestseller. My Sim doesn't have the Bookworm trait either, just Creative, Neat and Loner. Starting at Writing skill level 1 it took me around 15 books before I got the bestseller (Writing skill is at 8 now). I didn't do anything seemingly special, just tried to keep my Sim's Needs full. I suspect anyone having this issue is just having bad luck and if you write some more books you'll get it eventually.

If you think this is a legit problem though, I'd love if you could share your save file with me so that we could investigate further. Thanks so much! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 18 (10,079 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, this platform is very new to me. I am having this problem today. I have no idea how to share a saved file. I also have another problem where I can't open the family at the moment which is how I ended up here. So I am probably not helpful. 
Jocelyn

Message 8 of 18 (9,511 Views)

Hero
@crumpetbuzz What happens if you try to open the family ? Do you have mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (9,504 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Hey, my Sim is Music Lover, Neat, Loner, Happy Toddler, Good Manners, Responsible and Home Turf. Level 8 writer. She has made multiple best seller books. The last book she wrote was Excellent but still.
Message 10 of 18 (9,483 Views)