Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Bench Isn't Considered A Bench and Benches not in Outdoor category

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to fulfill bench requirement on any lot type
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to add this bench to a lot that needs benches, it will not fulfill lot requirement. It also is not in outdoor furniture
What do you expect to see? For it to fulfill lot requirement for benches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (250).png

Screenshot (253).png

Example 

Message 1 of 7 (3,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GRO] [GT] [W] Benches arent allowed for community lot requirements

Hero

Benches sitLoveseat2x1_EP06GENbusBench_set1, sitSofa3x1_EP03GEN_set1, sitLoveseat2x1_EP03GENbusStop_set1, sitLoveseat2x1_GP06RUSTICbench_set1, and sitLoveseat2x1_EP04GENparkBench_set1 should now all appear as outdoor furniture and count towards Lot requirements like Parks

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you find any other benches that have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,458 Views)

All Replies

Re: GF Movie Madness Advertisement Bench Isn't Considered A Bench

★★★★ Guide

Screenshot (257).pngScreenshot (256).pngScreenshot (255).pngScreenshot (254).pngSketch (8).png

These aren't available in the outdoor furniture section of build mode 

Message 2 of 7 (3,051 Views)

Re: GF Movie Madness Advertisement Bench Isn't Considered A Bench

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I can confirm that this is the case in my game as well and will add to our list.  I'm not 100% sure about The Diving Sit Oblonger though, since it is categorized as a sofa, and I always took it to be one, just in a very modern minimalist style.  However, it is described as a bench in its write-up, so no harm to list it as well and ask the question.

Message 3 of 7 (3,000 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bench Isn't Considered A Bench and Benches not in Outdoor category

★ Guide

This is an old glitch (I saw it in TS2 over ten years ago), and it's easy to work around. Not all of the benches are mis-categorized. Just use other benches for the minimum requirement, and if you want to add more, go for it. I just uploaded a cemetery a few weeks ago and had no problems doing so.

I have noticed that most of what should be categorized as park benches are listed in the Ottoman category. Very confusing...

Message 4 of 7 (2,970 Views)

[GRO] [GT] [W] Benches arent allowed for community lot requirements

★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.356.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All Game Pack (except STJTB) All Stuff Packs (except LPSP, SSP) All Kits (except MMK, FSK)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Park/Any community lot that has a bench as a requirement
What happens when the bug occurs? A few Benches arent catogerised correctly
What do you expect to see? All benches allowed for community lots
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The werewolves log. The Growing together bench, the get together  stone bench arent flag. (even the werewolves log isnt flagged as outdoor) 

Message 5 of 7 (2,547 Views)

Champion
@gooochyeee I have certainly questioned the logic at times for what’s a bench vs what’s a couch. The werewolf log, for example, is apparently a couch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 7 (2,513 Views)

Hero

Benches sitLoveseat2x1_EP06GENbusBench_set1, sitSofa3x1_EP03GEN_set1, sitLoveseat2x1_EP03GENbusStop_set1, sitLoveseat2x1_GP06RUSTICbench_set1, and sitLoveseat2x1_EP04GENparkBench_set1 should now all appear as outdoor furniture and count towards Lot requirements like Parks

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you find any other benches that have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,459 Views)