Re: Father has to introduce himself

by NS21

Original Post

Hero

@MapleSimmer You're right. I knew there was something about this. Here's the thread to that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Beloved-trait-mother-child-no-relationship-a...

@NS21 Does your Sim have the beloved trait ?

To share your save, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,066 Views)

★ Apprentice

He does have it.

Message 12 of 20 (1,051 Views)

Hero

@NS21

I merged the threads then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (1,046 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem in which a baby aged to toddler and Dad had to 'Introduce' himself to interact and automatically become a care giver.

It was in a 5 person household.  Mum, Dad, two babies and the Dad's Teen brother.  Mum and Dad have earned the 'Beloved' trait and had a 100% relationship with the babies.  The Teen does not have the 'Beloved' trait.  I play with Mods and CC.

The Baby aged up to Toddler by the game.  The relationship levels remained at the pre-aging levels.  Dad was the first to meet the Toddler but could not interact.  Mum had full interaction with the Toddler and was a Care Giver.  Dad only had the options to 'Introduce' himself even though he had a 100% relationship level; the option to become a 'Care Giver' was not available.  Cheerful Introduction could not be performed.  Friendly Introduction automatically made Dad a 'Care Giver'.  There was no change in the 100% relationship level nor was there any notification of making a 'New Friend' etc.  The Teen had a 95% relationship level with the baby which was carried over to the Toddler.  The 'Set as Care Giver' option was available for the Teen Uncle.

For me, this was solved simply by Dad performing the 'Friendly Introduction' action.

Message 14 of 20 (1,035 Views)

Hero

Parents are automatic care-givers. You should not need to set it for them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happened again in the same family.  Second toddler aged up and dad had to introduce himself before he could interact.  Mum was OK from the start.  Both mum and dad had the beloved trait.

Message 16 of 20 (1,013 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

★★★ Novice

I had this issue as well. My female sim gave birth at the hospital and was friends with the baby but once they returned home the relationship bar was empty and they were no longer friends. Upon aging up to a toddler the Mum had to introduce herself to the child despite having given birth to her and being recognised by the game as her mother. This sim does have the beloved trait while the father doesn't have this trait and he has a normal relationship with the child. My sim has now given birth to a second baby at home and it's the same situation where she has an empty relationship bar with the child. I also had this problem a couple of years ago while playing a legacy family, one of the women had 3 kids and had no relationship with them but everyone else was friends with the baby. I assumed it was a glitch that had been fixed until I had it again and now realise that that sim also completed the friend of the world aspiration so that does seem to be the repeating factor.

Message 17 of 20 (938 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

Hero

• Children born to a parent with the Beloved aspiration reward trait are now born with a parent-child relationship to that parent, rather than relationship unknown.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (4,272 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

★★★★ Novice

I just had my babies age up to toddlers and the mothers of the babies had to introduce themselves as suddenly they were all strangers . They both have the beloved trait . The mothers are clones (sisters) of each other and live together . The fathers are also clones (brothers) of each other but do not live with the moms.  The fathers do not have the beloved trait .They  seem to recognize their toddlers and children as they sent gifts and visit often.

Message 19 of 20 (883 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

[ Edited ]
Hero

his is supposed to be fixed, actually. Was this before or after C&D patch ?

Please create a new thread if they aged up after the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (872 Views)