Re: [TO TEST] Beloved trait, mother/child no relationship at birth

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I could not find this exact issue, but if there is already a thread for it, I apologize. My problem is with the Beloved trait, which I know is bugged for people. However, my problem does not seem to be addressed anywhere, so I'm wondering if it is just me. The problem: my sim earned the Beloved trait (no cheats) and she lives alone, but she has several children. All of the children she had before she earned the Beloved trait she automatically had a friendly relationship with at birth, and subsequently as a child. However, the children she had after earning the reward do not know her and she must introduce herself to them when they age up to children. The father has a relationship with the children at birth, but not the mother. This does not matter if she gives birth at the hospital or at home. It is the same either way. I then removed the beloved trait using testingcheats, cleared my cache files, saved to a new file and restarted the game with no Beloved trait. She got pregnant, had the baby, and lo and behold... knew her child. I did have a mod installed, which I removed and tested for as well. I believe it is the trait that is causing the issue. 

Message 1 of 20 (3,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Beloved trait, Parent/child no relationship at birth

Hero

• Children born to a parent with the Beloved aspiration reward trait are now born with a parent-child relationship to that parent, rather than relationship unknown.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (4,257 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've added this as to test to the list.

I'll try it out once I have a female with the trait.

Maybe meanwhile others have time to test this for me too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,877 Views)

Hero

I've tested this a bit and I think this is in fact an issue.

I have a household of 3 kids, mom and dad and the grandmom and just had another child. The dad has the beloved trait.

Everyone in the family is friends with the baby - except the dad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,863 Views)

Father has to introduce himself

★ Apprentice

When I aged the babies into toddlers the father had to introduce himself to them. This happened with 3 babies in the same family.

I aged the first baby immediately, before the father had any interaction with her so I thought that might be the reason. But then I aged the twins after he interacted with them, plus I cheated to maximize his friendship with them, and it still happened.

I had the mods turned off at the time.

Message 4 of 20 (3,853 Views)

Re: Father has to introduce himself

Hero

Does he live in the same household ?

Just the father or the mother too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (3,841 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same household.

Just the father. All other relationships in the family are as they should be.

Message 6 of 20 (3,832 Views)

Hero

Could you try a new game for testing purposes to see if the same thing happens again ?

I didn't have this issue with my twins.

Did you switch households in between or always play at that household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (3,825 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Would you happen to still have a save file where you're experiencing this issue? Or ideally, a save file of just before you witnessed the issue occur. If you can just share your entire save folder with me that'd also be great Standard smile

Thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 20 (3,820 Views)

★ Apprentice

On my latest save file the father still has to introduce himself to one of the boys.

How can I share it with you?

Message 9 of 20 (3,804 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've had this problem for awhile, though it can be with either parent.  I thought I had read recently that the 'beloved' trait can cause this.  I know with the most recent Sims who had this happen, both parents had the 'beloved' trait and they both had to introduce themselves to their toddler twins upon aging up.  

I also noticed that when they have to introduce themselves to the toddlers (or prior to toddlers, to their children upon aging up), that the parent started with a lower than usual relationship bar when the toddlers/children were babies (I find they are usually friends as soon as they are born, but in these cases they weren't).  As I said this happened upon aging up from babies to children too, so this isn't recent for me.

I don't have any mods/CC in my game, I'm on Windows 10, my game is up to date with patches and I have all packs but the vampire pack.

Regards,

Jennifer

Message 10 of 20 (3,790 Views)