[FIXED] Beloved Trait is not working

by KobiBeef

Original Post

Re: "Friend of the World" reward trait not working

★★ Novice

Yeah I noticed this issue - it's really irritating because maintaining freindships long term is one of the most annoying parts of the game, so I generally try and get this achievement as fast as possible.

Message 11 of 100 (2,774 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Beloved trait is broken since the game got released.

On some sims it works, on others it utterly fails. With two sims in a household it's highly possible Beloved will work on one and not on another.

Message 12 of 100 (2,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

Beloved trait is broken since the game got released.

On some sims it works, on others it utterly fails. With two sims in a household it's highly possible Beloved will work on one and not on another.

I think it has more to do with having two sims in the same household with the same reward traits.

I just got Serial Romantic on my second sim, but she's now jealous of my first sim having a romantic encounter. She can get away with it though as she's just got the reward trait, so he's not jealous.

It seems once the second sim gets the reward, it breaks for the first sim.

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun on Player, I've been testing it more and not noticed any jealousy between my two sims. It may be that in the previous instance my sim was jealous of the NPC and not my other sim.

PS Player has got to be one of the most fun aspirations to achieve, trying to avoid interactions with other love interests while going on dates. A lot of dates on remote park benches...

Message 13 of 100 (2,754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nope, I was definitely right about Player being bugged, see screenshot.

Message 14 of 100 (2,747 Views)

Friend with the world - Bug ?.

★ Novice

Friend of the World

Total Satisfaction Gained: 4,800

Reward Trait: Beloved Your Sim's relationships with others stop declining with time, making it easier to be Friends with everyone.

This reward trait does not seem to work. I had a Sim have full green blocks with 4other sims besides her spouse and also a romantic relationship with another sim. Despite having gotten this trait, their relationship continued to deteriorate with time. Even the one with the spouse slowly declined as time passed without enough interactions. 

I presumed that this trait would keep all positive relationships intact and stable, like it states, must be a bug Standard smile

Message 15 of 100 (2,671 Views)

Re: Friend with the world - Bug ?.

Hero

@SoftHeartware Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 100 (2,662 Views)

Re: Beloved Trait is not working

★★★★ Novice

Please hurry up and fx this. It is really, really annoying and disappointing. 

Message 17 of 100 (2,639 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar problem, not sure it's quite the same, though.  My Sim's traits disappeared when he aged up.  All the ones earned from aspirations or the ones bought from rewards are gone.  So while the aspirations registers that I have these traits (Beloved, Naturalist, Potion Master, etc.), the traits do no show up anymore on the simology tab, and their effects are not there anymore.  His relationships have faded, he can no longer make the mood potions, you get the idea.  Any suggestions?

Message 18 of 100 (2,584 Views)

Hero

Did he age up naturally or did you use cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 100 (2,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just chiming in here to note that this has happened to me.

I completed the Friend of the World aspiration with a cheat to complete the 5 BFF milestone (which I felt was ridiculous that you had to break BF status with someone to get BF status with another Sim, which seemed totally counter to the point of the aspiration - I know this milestone has been changed).

I completed the aspiration with my female Sim (with the complete milestone cheat for the 5 BFF) and it seemed to work properly as far as I could tell.  But, it was only a couple of days later that I completed this aspiration (using the same method) with my male Sim (husband) in the same household.  His friendships have never decayed and have even been slowly going up from chatting on the phone and internet.  Hers have continued to degrade to the point where she has only one or two friends.

Message 20 of 100 (2,545 Views)