Re: Beloved Trait is not working

by Tamrynn

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing a new game with two Sims that have earned beloved, and it definitely isn't fixed for them.  It's too bad; I was really excited when I heard they had fixed this.

Message 61 of 100 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I finally got some time and was able to test this extensively in a new game.  I had three sims in the household leveled one up to Mixology lvl 10 and Mixology Career lvl 9 so I could get the snagglefluster (or whatever it's called) recipe.  I then speed leveled charisma on all three by drinking copious amounts of snagglefluster.  Once that was completed I finished the Friend of the World Aspiration in order to receive the beloved trait on all three sims.  I played a full sim week and can confirm that relationships were decreasing on two of the three sims.  The only sim that was not losing relationship status with her friends was the last one to earn the beloved trait.  I also have saved games from my beloved test game at each stage: no sims with beloved but close to it, one sim with beloved, two sims with beloved, and three sims with beloved.  That should speed up testing of this issue in the future.  I wish I had better results to share but this is still not working as expected.  It would be awesome if we could get this bug that existed at launch resolved.

Message 62 of 100 (961 Views)

The sims 4, Beloved trait is not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello everyone, I have been playing sims 4 since the release. I play occasionally since I am often busy. My goal was to make a huge family and with time I reached it, my household is now full. I also didn't want them to forget their friendship with each other, so i acquired the beloved trait on every single one of them. While acquiring the trait on a new sim, my previous sim started to lose relationship..

This has really ruined the game for me, since I do not enjoy raising 8 people's friendship bars.

TLDR: Beloved trait is not stopping the loss of relationship, after acquiring the trait on a different sim.. Me sad, me mad, me want answers!

Example:

*Sim x has beloved trait (no loss of relationship)

*Sim y acquires beloved trait (no loss of y's relationships, but sim x begins to lose relationship)

Ty

Message 63 of 100 (934 Views)

Re: The sims 4, Beloved trait is not working

Hero

Hi @rubyrose69,

I merged your thread with existing bug report.

It's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 100 (923 Views)

Re: The sims 4, Beloved trait is not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you for merging it, but I can not have a happy siming until this is fixed! I have some sims who enjoy being mean, but if their relationship is lost, they will start being mean to each other!

I really need this fixed Frown

For a "known" bug, this thread seems rather dead.. And why has EA left this bug since release date apparently?

Message 65 of 100 (906 Views)

beloved trait

★★★ Newbie

beloved trait doesnt work when another sim achieves the same trait

Message 66 of 100 (856 Views)

Re: beloved trait

Hero

Hi @moongoddess25

I merged your post with existing bug report.

Please make sure to hit the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 100 (847 Views)

Re: beloved trait

★★★★ Novice

I also tested this bug again. It seems that something has changed since the beginning: When I had the last time two Sims with the beloved trait (several moths ago), the relationships of Sim 1 were decaying even while I played with another household. Now they're not decaying when I'm playing with another household anymore (I tested this for one Sim-week). But they're still decaying when I'm playing with Sim 1. So this is still an issue! I really don't understand why it's not possible for EA to finally fix this annoying bug since one year!

Message 68 of 100 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In my game, "Beloved" trait doesn't work since November. In November it broke after the update and restarting the computer was enough for the bug disappear, but now the bug is and doesn't want to disappear. All my Sims have this trait (cause this all decay is very stupid and the creators should delete it all) but it gives me nothng and it's really annyoing cause in almost every household I have one out-going and quite slutty girl and with this bug  her friends and lovers stop being her friends and lovers quite quickly. That's why I hate this decay! I hope the creators will delete it or at least fix the bug.

Message 69 of 100 (811 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Beloved Trait is not working

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem in a two sim household. Originally I had just one sim who started off with the nerd brain aspiration who then went on to unlock the beloved trait afterwards. Later on, I moved in an Alien sim I had made and had her get the beloved trait as well. It only works for the first sim who got the beloved trait, not the second one.

Message 70 of 100 (781 Views)