Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Bed ownership is being ignored

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Season, JA and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with multiple sims in with claimed beds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims may not always follow the bed ownership and seem to use whichever bed is closest, or resort to napping on the couch.
What do you expect to see? Sims using their assigned beds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch.

Also seen reports of this on Twitter.

Message 1 of 41 (7,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Bed ownership is being ignored

Hero

Could anyone test this for me after patching ?

For me this looks solved

@Hroun_88 @SquirrelFeet123 @henchbot @RocaGamerz @ylvglo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 41 (6,935 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Bed ownership is being ignored

★★ Expert

adding a "me too". before the patch it would happen randomly, maybe if a specific Sim's bed had someone else sitting on it or similar. now it's way more frequent and several Sims in the household ignore bed ownership even when their own is available.

Message 2 of 41 (7,469 Views)

★ Guide
I went from never having this issue to it constantly happening with the new patch. Sims just refuse to jump into their claimed beds unless I tell them, playing musical beds all around the house. they've definitely claimed beds and it hasn't been reset, as the claim option is greyed out on their beds and it says they've claimed it.
Message 3 of 41 (7,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

Bug reproed and acknowledged by QA 

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1012376963829227520

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (7,426 Views)

NOT SLEEPING IN CLAIMED BEDS

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except seasons and bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let sims sleep
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are not sleeping in their claimed beds, just random ones.
What do you expect to see? Sims sleeping in the beds they have claimed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch 1.44.77.1020

They just won't sleep in their own beds!

Message 5 of 41 (7,425 Views)

Re: NOT SLEEPING IN CLAIMED BEDS

★ Guide

my Sims prefer single beds over double beds for sleeping now.

And even when they are tired they often just lay on the bed and take a nap instead of getting some proper sleep

Message 6 of 41 (7,396 Views)

★ Guide

Platform:PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base (Digital Deluxe), Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamoure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Most likely by having a saved game with sims and claimed beds (lots of sims, lots of beds. I often end up with a full house and the number of bedrooms my Sims have reflects that.), then get the latest patch and see where they end up sleeping.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims prefer to sleep in ANY bed but their own. They sometimes accidentally end up in their proper beds. On their proper beds the 'Claim' is greyed out. I have tried to reclaim the beds, no help. (I had them claim another bed, then claim the right bed again.)
What do you expect to see? My sims sleeping where they're supposed to. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never. (Makes this part so much easier.) 
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch a couple days ago, the one in preparation to the Seasons. 

Message 7 of 41 (7,378 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue for me in households with more than one bed.

If I play in a household with only one bed my Sim keeps going to nap on the sofa instead of sleeping, even if the energy is red and it is after 10pm.

Message 8 of 41 (7,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sim ignored his own bed, which was in the same room as him, to leave the house, cross the backyard, and use the butler's bed in the cottage in the back corner of the lot.

Message 9 of 41 (7,204 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same thing here.

I've noticed that the first Sim to bed will go to their claimed double, but the second Sim seems to prefer whichever bed is closest *except* for their claimed double with the first Sim.

Not sure if that's a real thing or if it's just coincidence. Will continue to observe.

Message 10 of 41 (7,173 Views)