Re: [OPEN] Bed ownership is being ignored

by Hannahart

Original Post

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac OS High Sierra ver 10.13.5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not sure. So far today as it was my first time to actually play Seasons and they only went to bed once. I know that bb.moveobjects was off, maintenance files were cleaned out, old game removed and it was a new game. Mac also updated this morning before starting the new game.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let sims sleep
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are not sleeping in their claimed beds, just random ones.
What do you expect to see? Sims sleeping in the beds they have claimed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No and never have.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Mac 1.44.83.1220/Seasons/ Updated Mac OS High Sierra to ver 10.13.5

I never had the problem prior and wanted to add my input on the topic.

Message 21 of 41 (1,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, an issue for me, but they also prefer to just take a nap then actually sleep.

Message 22 of 41 (989 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem, sims not sleeping in their own bed. I noticed the problem after installing Seasons. 

Message 23 of 41 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The beds still show their claim is active, it's greyed out, but they don't obey it any longer. It's absolute anarchy!!! Lol

Message 24 of 41 (918 Views)

★ Apprentice
My Sims are using any bed except the one they claimed. However, they seem to choose the bed farthest away, even if they are about to pass out.
I have found a workaround, if I click on the bed and tell the sim to sleep they go to it. But this is really annoying when you have 8 sims and rooms spread across a large lot and have to tell each one to go to their bed.
Message 25 of 41 (895 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'm having the same issue since installing seasons. It is driving me crazy because the household of 8 will just sleep on random beds every time and I try to at least keep my couples sleeping in the same double bed...
Message 26 of 41 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just want to chime in and say that this is happening to me too. Sims will go to random beds to sleep even if the one they've claimed is closer.

Message 27 of 41 (853 Views)

claim bed doesn't work

★★★ Novice

I have my sims claim their bed, but they will still use which ever bed they want instead of their own. As my sim parents will use their daughter's bed and the girl will use her parents bed.

Message 28 of 41 (843 Views)

Re: claim bed doesn't work

Hero

Hi @RocaGamerz

it's a known issue.

I've merged your post with current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 41 (835 Views)

Re: claim bed doesn't work

★★★ Novice

A while after they have claimed their bed, it un-claims again. So they have to claim it once more. Happens all the time.

Message 30 of 41 (811 Views)