Re: [OPEN] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also experiencing this issue, in a house I built in Del Sol Valley. I had downloaded a house around the time when eco came out and kept getting the negative moodlet, but I thought maybe it's because of the house. I knocked the house a few days ago and rebuilt from scratch, using lots of expensive items with good environment scores and no cheats, I keep getting dismally decorated moodlets. Changed a few things but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I do have a room in the house that's just used as a gym and it's sparsely furnished. The negative moodlet goes away when I go there and sometimes I even get a positive one. Maybe my Sim prefers things a bit more minimalist? It doesn't really make sense. 

Message 91 of 100 (3,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I was having this exact same problem randomly and used this easy fix.

1. Open menu/ Game Options

2. Click on gameplay

3. Uncheck "Build mode items grant Gameplay Effects"

4. Unpause your game until the poorly decorated icon disappears

5. Go back and check the box again

Now when you return playing it should work the right way again, giving you the correct decoration buff, at least that's what worked for me! Standard smile

Message 92 of 100 (3,714 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem now. I spent several hours furnishing and decorating a house for my sims, and they don't like it. It says that they don't like the wall papers or the floors (if it's not only random text?).

I have tested other floors and wallpapers, but the poorly decorated moodlet still appears all the time. I have added several paintings with high scores. And I have made sure that no floor or wall is covered with default texture.

I tested to deactivate moodlets based on environment and then reactivate, but no success.

This has never happened to me before :/ 

Message 93 of 100 (3,647 Views)

Re: Stuck in poorly decorated

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

This is happening to me too. I'm on PS4 and I'm trying to play a legacy game. This glitch is really disheartening. Especially because Sims who are uncomfortable don't learn skills as fast as other sims. With kids, this is a huge problem.   

Exact items in my 3x2 bathroom which is one room giving the negative moodlet

Floor: Sloppy paint (wood flooring)

Walls: conventional confetti in white

Lighting: Round confection ceiling light x 1 Centered

Toilet: Swan throne in white

Sink: waterfall sink in white

Mirror: the source in fuscia

Shower: Swans abulation in all white

Decor

Walls

Captain sigma sword display (purple)

Simple clean art (pink and green cupcake)

Floor

Rug: into the rose in fuscia

Message 94 of 100 (3,641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am still having this issue in October 2020

Message 95 of 100 (3,590 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a mod to let me change eco footprint on the fly. I had one house where this was not happening and my Sims were getting the positive moodlets from environment as expected. I moved them to a new house and they were getting bad moodlets from env. I moved back, still getting positive. The only difference was that I'd used significantly more green wallpaper and flooring in the former house than I had used in the new one. I also remembered someone here saying that green items tended to make it stop, and some others saying changing neighbourhoods made a house that worked fine suddenly not work anymore.

After some testing I can confidently say that, for me, this is tied to footprint, and the room's footprint score. I changed it to neutral footprint (it was green before), and suddenly the negative moodlets stopped. I changed it back to green, and the negative moodlets came back. Then, I changed the wallpaper to a green one, moodlets stopped. Didn't get positive ones, but I didn't get negative ones either. Then I changed it to a neutral paint and my Sim immediately got the negative one.

I don't know how industrial items would affect it but it's possible that industrial items only "look good" in an industrial district, whereas green is okay in neutral, and green ones, but neutral is only good in neutral. I'd have to fiddle with it some more to see how that works. In the meantime, maybe someone else that also has EL can test the eco-footprint versus room footprint and see if it makes a difference in theirs too?

Message 96 of 100 (3,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@gildedxrosesProblem is the messed up depressed moodlets show up even without the Eco pack, where the Eco footprint shouldn't even exist. Which means if it acts on a feature that shouldn't even be there someone really effed up on the programming.

Message 97 of 100 (3,533 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheSteelRodent I am aware of that, yes. However, identifying related behaviour and things that affect it could help the Sims team figure out where the bug is exactly and fix it easier. Furthermore, it may just be a weird abnormality unique to my particular install, which is where someone else testing it comes in.

It's also not too far-fetched to assume the coding for EL's footprint functions are in the base-game and simply not in use, for whatever reason the team may have for doing that. I presume this is a side-effect of the other packs having footprint-influencing items in them.

Welcome to the weird world of fixing bugs. c:
Message 98 of 100 (3,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This room used to give my Sim the "Beautifully Decorated" moodlet. Now it's just "Decorated." I had deliberately made this room a refuge for this Sim, because her Granddaughter lives with her and she hates children. I don't usually pay that much attention to the degrees of "Decorated."

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 11.01.57 AM.jpg

As suggested I tried turning Build/Buy effects off and on. Off gave no sort of decorated moodlet. Back on gave the "Decorated" again.

Made a copy of my Save and removed all mods. Same.

Now, I've copied the room to my Gallery, if it returns different results in a vanilla Save, I'll update this post.

Note: Her Granddaughter is currently "visiting" with her other Grandparents so not showing up in the family panel.

Message 99 of 100 (3,476 Views)

Hero

Sims no longer get “Poorly Decorated” and “Dismally Decorated” Moodlets when decorations are in the room. This applies to new Saves as it is not retroactive, but, my, how judgemental Lots were….

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 100 (19,225 Views)