Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Beach Lot type not available for dates/wedding and more

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try going on a date to a beach in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? When clicking on a beach to go on a date, it says "This lot is not available"
What do you expect to see? Being able to go on a date to beaches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

I don't know if EA intended to make beaches not available for dates, but I wanted my sims to go on a date to a beach Frown

Message 1 of 19 (3,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot go on a date to beaches

Hero

Beach Venues lots can now be selected for Sims to go on dates.
○ Romantic!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (3,706 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@mixedcoon Are you taking an out-of-towner on a date or all Sims living in Sulani ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (3,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

At first, I tried with all sims living in Sulani, and then tried with out-of-towners (they are in Willow Creek, if it matters). It didn't work for both couples. 

I also tested on a new save which has been never modded, and the issue still persists.

Message 3 of 19 (3,476 Views)

Hero
@mixedcoon Quick tested this and yeah, can confirm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (3,462 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (3,391 Views)

Wedding at beaches

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! So, I've noticed that you can't host a wedding party (or birthday etc) at beaches. Is it supposed to be like this? 

Just wondering. I know you can work around it by changing the lot type to lounge. I just took for granted that beaches were a typical host-a-wedding-place. 

Message 6 of 19 (3,391 Views)

Re: Wedding at beaches

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CAROLINA747 I agree,  that is frustrating! It is entirely possible that it was an oversight, but it is apparently not a current option. As a workaround you could test in your game what type of community venue setting that it would accept for it if you prefer not to use lounge, and add the wedding arch, etc. to the beach. I would recommend adding a feedback/suggestion to the feedback area, then others can rally their support for the idea to get EA's attention about the level of interest in patching in a change about this.
 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 19 (3,376 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Beach Lot type not available for dates/wedding and more

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree and have the same issue, it seems odd to be unable to have dates, weddings or birthday parties in my case at a beach lot.

Message 8 of 19 (3,363 Views)

Re: Wedding at beaches

Hero
@CAROLINA747 Merging this with current bug report.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (3,355 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Beach Lot type not available for dates/wedding and more

★★ Novice
@crinrictmixedcoon It's not just dates. It's everything. Can't have a date, can't have an official dinner, can't simply invite anyone to a beach lot. Can't even summon them via mods. No matter what you do you get a notification that so and so will arrive in a few minutes and they never do. They just won't come to your lot unless they randomnly pass by it.
Message 10 of 19 (3,353 Views)