Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Basement walls and floors disappear on preview in library

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dog, Get famous, Get Together; also Seasons (disabled via Origin; never used in game) GPs: Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Spa Day, Strangerville SPs: Bowling, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Backyard, Spooky, Movie Night, Kids Room, Toddler, My First Pet, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build an buy mode. Build a basement level. Put something in the room so it shows up on the lot preview. Set the camera onto any floor above ground. Save the lot to the library. The preview image for the basement now only shows the furniture but not the floor or walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? The preview image for the basement only shows the contents of the room but not the floor or walls. Wall decorations and rugs are still visible.
What do you expect to see? I expect the preview images for the basement levels to be showing the walls like those for the above-ground floors do when I save the lot to my library while viewing the non-basement levels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I first noticed this a few weeks ago. It might have been after the Chinese New Year items were added, but I'm not sure, unfortunately.

When you save the lot while viewing a basement level the walls don't disappear in the preview shots. Applying wall or floor coverings doesn't change this, at least not in my game.

Message 1 of 4 (1,621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Basement walls and floors disappear on preview in library

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,246 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue. Floors and walls disappear in the preview image. It doesn't seem to be breaking anything in the lot, only the image is affected. Still not sure why this is happening. I did not use any mods or custom content in this build. Image of bug attached. Can confirm that if lot is saved while viewing basement this does not happen.

Message 3 of 4 (1,507 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (1,247 Views)