[FIXED] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by AtticusCrowe

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

★★★ Novice

The exactly same issue for me in my PC, never use CC, installed all DLC and patches, waited 2 months and this bug still there. Are we ignored by EA?

Message 171 of 204 (1,283 Views)

★ Guide

^ it has been almost 3 months.  I have no idea why they can't fix it already.  I don't think enough people create basements with cutouts or they'd be on it faster.  Also as far as I can tell, EA don't know how to create basements, I would like to teach them in a tutorial video sometime.

It's only a visual bug, and its one they created and they know exactly what created it; it was the update that came out at the same time of the Island Living Expansion.  Just compare the changes between before and after and fix it, it shouldn't be that hard for them to do.

They have 200 stable geniuses working on the Sims 4 last I heard.  Thats 200 little eager brains they could put towards fixing this awful game breaking bug they created.

Message 172 of 204 (1,264 Views)

★★ Novice

To Maxis and Maxis Gurus: 

Thank you so much for looking into this for us. Like, you guys actually to your best most of the time and being under all that pressure isn't easy. I really appreciate all that you guys do. And I know that you guys care. That little fact is enough to make waiting out a patch for this worth it.

To EA: 

Stop rushing the Maxis team all the time, so game breaking glitches can stop happening so frequently. Like, I'm going to be this person right now. Paralives exists. Simmers are both fed up with the poor way of how you treat both the players and the Maxis team. 

- You release gamepacks no one wants, instead of packs we've been asking for; FOR YEARS. 

- You chop up code from previously released packs and basegame items, have the Dev team throw a fresh can of paint on it and call it "NEW" gameplay.

- Tech support who? This topic alone took nearly two months to even be looked at. And it's not really major! HELLO SIMULATION LAG FROM SIMS OBSESSIVELY OPENING UMBRELLAS! Vampires having a broken ranking system...again.

I'm not the first nor the last to say, you will go out of business with these abhorrent business tactics. All the articles about how you guys aren't the bad guys don't help your case, it just shows how tone def you are to your customers. Being out of touch with the people who financially propelled you forward is a formula for crashing down to $0.

Instead of publishing fast, publish quality. Instead of reusing old assets, allow the Maxis dev team to produce thriving new content they both are proud of and enjoy making.

Oh course you can't satisfy every single player, that's statistically impossible. But what isn't impossible is not enraging majority of the player base for a game. Especially when there is a new game on the horizon that offers better. 

Please, if you actually want to keep making money off of the Sims franchise, do better than you're doing now.

Message 173 of 204 (1,226 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue. Will this be fixed soon? 

Message 174 of 204 (1,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict , @SheriGR 

Do you guys know at all if there are any updates from EA or Maxis? Or do you have any ideas how we might contact someone from Maxis about this bug? Or to know if they are aware of it? Just wondering when or if this is being worked on at all, but I know you guys don't work for EA. I'm just looking for any advice, but if you don't have any, that's OK too. :D 

Message 175 of 204 (1,053 Views)

★ Apprentice

given the new pack/expansion that was recently announced: this better be fixed soon, before september 10th at the latest.

they're making it so much more difficult, for THEMSELVES, by releasing new content for the game before even fixing its previous issues. this bug affects ALL of my gameplay, if it could be resolved a little faster (read: not take 3 more months), that would be more than fantastic.

i would say that this is getting ridiculous, but it has already been that way for the past 3 months.

Message 176 of 204 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, same issue, and I have a details other may not have noticed.

Here's my split-level basement. Please don't ask why it has trees. But note that the trees aren't always visible. I guess rendering basement trees are not a high priority for some reason.

08-21-19_5:21:18 PM.png08-21-19_5:26:24 PM.png

Now, seen from above, there's that dirt floor that is not actually a barrier. But seen from below...

08-21-19_5:28:47 PM.png

Everything's visible. 

Obviously the code that says "don't render the dirt floor when there's no actual dirt" got broken somehow.

Message 177 of 204 (1,001 Views)

Champion

@taureilor I do see a positive note here in that if you check comment #132 and comment #140 you will see that the "EA Sims Team" has noted that this is a highly requested fix and that they are currently working on it, though they do not have a release date for a fix. Please reference their comments for a bit more detail. Thank you for your patience!

SheriGR – I don’t work for EA.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 178 of 204 (919 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SheriGR Thanks!!

Message 179 of 204 (915 Views)

★★ Guide

There is a fairly major problem with the Moshino Pack so I think ours will be ignored for a bit.

Kind regards James.

Message 180 of 204 (884 Views)