[FIXED] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by AtticusCrowe

Original Post

Re: Split Level Basement?

★★★★ Novice

I've tried destroying it and rebuilding it in several different ways but it's still there. like i said the sims can walk through it so it's not a floor or an object, it's some sort of weird camera issue i think but i can't figure out how to fix it to work properly.

Message 31 of 204 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@plsnt_nightmares I would be happy to try it in my game if you like. Let me know if you decide to try that. It's not behaving like this, correct? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Glitch-in-outside-flooring-disappearing-in-Wate...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 32 of 204 (2,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i don't believe so.. I'm using base game with no EPs/SPs btw and I uploaded it to the gallery under "basement test". thank you so much for trying to help and good luck! lol.

Message 33 of 204 (2,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I forgot to mention that in the basement on bottom level i do have a ceiling light. at first i thought that was the culprit but i tried deleting it and rebuilding without it and it still did not fix the issue. figured id mention that in case you get the same idea since it's still there in the version i uploaded 

Message 34 of 204 (2,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@plsnt_nightmares Thank you for sharing your build. I tested in many ways, plus on another lot on a fresh build, and I also could not get rid of the basement dirt wall/floor visual when part of the floor/ceiling is removed to make an opening between the basement floors. I have used this technique many times above ground, but I am wondering if it simply does not work correctly underground? I have discussed this with a fellow helper who also builds a lot. He was heading to bed, but when he wakes he has agreed to have a look at the issue. Hopefully he will have different findings and better news than me. 

You said you used instructions for creating the opening... was that person's opening above ground or below ground?

Message 35 of 204 (2,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it was below ground (this video was what I mostly used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p6HUQzhWJM) i've seen other screenshots of split level basements, or giant holes in the ground, so i figured this was possible. here are a few others i've found that seemed to have similar issues during their projects... but their solutions did not work for me Frown

http://modthesims.info/t/462506
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/941606/removing-floors-doesnt-work-how-it-used-to
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911218/updated-with-photos-the-war-with-floors-and-ceili...

thanks a lot for all the time and effort youve put into trying to help. you are a saint

Message 36 of 204 (2,029 Views)

Basement Floors/Ceilings Won't Truly Delete - Frustrating Glitch!

★ Apprentice

Hello all! I am new to these forums but I have done a lot of digging and thorough Google searching for my issue before I began this post, so please bear with me.

I am quite an astronaut aficionado in the Sims 4 and I've employed cheat codes to grant me the money to build a mansion and a rocketship so my Sim can explore space. However, I want the rocket to be in a pit two stories underground, so as to not draw obvious attention from the would-be neighbors. I had created the pit successfully, and the ceilings/floors and ground were open such that I could look down from the ground level into the pit and see the floor two stories below. It was working just fine until today when I was adding some objects to some rooms on the top floor of the mansion. I also had moved the pool, but the pool was not part of this underground room and did not intersect nor interact with them.

The pit itself is a separate room that is adjacent to (but not technically connected to) the main basement floor. Now, when I look at the pit, there is a ceiling on top of the lower most basement floor. When I use the Eyedropper tool, the interface tells me the floor tiles are "Bottom of the Basement" (which is actually a name for a specific selection of floor tiles), though when I go to remove the floors/ceiling, it prompts me to build one (meaning that the build interface does not recognize it as existing at all, though it's rendered by the graphics.) when I move the room or delete the top basement layer and move the camera I see jagged lines, similar to those seen when one uses the bb.moveobjects cheat and forces two objects to intersect. I have tried deleting/moving the rooms and recreating them but nothing has worked.

I even exited the game, cleared the cache, repaired it, and restarted the game and the issue still remains. I tried adding another separate room in a different area on the lot to see if it would do the same thing and it did. I've looked everywhere and I have no idea how to fix this. 

I'm typing this on my phone but I will upload snapshots from my computer. 

From the eyedropper tool:

Eyedropper showing the floor tile for phantom Floor

Build Ceiling appears for Phantom Ceiling

Build floor appears for phantom floor

Message 37 of 204 (2,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@plsnt_nightmares I have just heard from a fellow helper that this appears to be a bug/glitch. Please see this bug report, and most specifically the information/description from Hyperion_Rail.

I am currently asking if this post can/should just be merged on to that bug report, or if you should add your information to it yourself. If it's merged my shared experience/test will move into the post. Otherwise we can both 'me too' and add our information to the bug report, as this helps EA to figure out what conditions may be creating the issue - and to see that many folks are having the issue, which can increase priority. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Irremovable-Basement-Flooring/...

Message 38 of 204 (2,011 Views)

Sims 4: Island Living bug...dirt terrian

★★★ Newbie

On lots with a second level basement, it is showing a dirt floor.  I have removed all mods and CC to make sure it was not one of them causing the problem.  As you can see from the screenshots, there is no ceiling or flooring built and the dirt terrain is still showing.  This seems to occur between the basement 1 and basement 2 levels but is not displayed for underground pools.  Neighborhood: Newcrest

06-24-19_8-07-00 AM.png06-24-19_8-07-18 AM.png06-24-19_8-08-44 AM.png06-24-19_8-08-53 AM.png

Message 39 of 204 (2,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh so it's not just me or something i did wrong heh good to know. well then i'll provide a bit more information and things i tried yesterday. destroyed everything and tried rebuilding both basement levels to the same size, with no furniture, removed floor and ceiling on both did not work. also during previous attempts as i mentioned before, it acted like there was nothing there, sims could still walk through it to go to the bottom level, and objects could not be placed on the dirt. so i thought perhaps it was a camera glitch. eyedropper still worked to show it was basement floor though.

Then in one of many times I tried rebuilding it yesterday, there was an instance where the basement floor wasn't just a camera issue and i could place objects on it. despite having the floor and ceilings deleted. unfortunately this was before i knew it was a bug, so I didn't take note/don't remember what circumstances may have been different as to why this happened. 

Message 40 of 204 (1,975 Views)