[FIXED] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by AtticusCrowe

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi. Have you found or heard anything about this problem yet?

Message 21 of 204 (2,328 Views)

Hero
@Multivers-Corp I've forwarded it. All I can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 204 (2,325 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Okay. Thanks for the quick response.
Message 23 of 204 (2,319 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I just forwarded this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 204 (2,267 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

★ Novice

Same issue here

Message 25 of 204 (2,229 Views)

Removed ceiling and floor between basement levels is still visible.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs Get to Work Vampires Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a basement room (on level -1), and then another one below it (on level -2). Remove ceiling from the room below (-2). Remove floor from the upper room (-1). (Or open an existing lot with basement rooms in this configuration.) If possible, ad stairs between those two levels and make sim use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The part of floor/ceiling between rooms is still opaque, covered with the same earthy texture as if it was build above ground or not removed ceiling. https://ibb.co/xHfRqp7 https://ibb.co/Rv1vVc0 If there is a part of the room on -1 that's not build on -2, z fighting effect occurs on it. It's still possible to add stairs, but it doesn't affect the opaque floor, and sims seem to walk through it. https://ibb.co/zb7JggZ
What do you expect to see? If there is no floor on the upper room, and no ceiling on the room below, the room below should be visible form the upper level, just like it is if they were on -1 and 0 level, or 0 and 1 level. It was possible before. Removed ceiling and flooring should be invisible, there should be no visible barrier between those two rooms. https://i.ibb.co/qWwm02B
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think the bug started occurring after last path or not long before it. Two level rooms below ground were displayed correctly on June 11.

It affected both already build houses with two level basement I had, in all the saves I had checked. It is visible all the times I try to build something with this room configuration.

Message 26 of 204 (2,227 Views)

Split Level Basement?

★★★★ Novice

i'm trying to make a split-level basement where it's kinda "open" to the bottom floor. i watched a few videos and thought i was doing everything right but when i remove the floor and ceilings there's this strange black concrete? on the top of my bottom layer. When I go into live mode, my sims can walk through it and still go down the stairs to the bottom level normally. But how do I remove this as it's pretty ugly lol

Message 27 of 204 (2,214 Views)

Re: Split Level Basement?

Champion

@plsnt_nightmares Can I please clarify... do you mean the dark grey flooring at the bottom of the visible staircase in the screenshot? That appears to be the default concrete that is added as flooring when you create a room. It appears from the image that you are using this particular floor as a 'landing' of sorts for your staircase, and that you deleted the flooring in the other side of the room to create an open/bi-level look/dynamic for the area before going down to the next floor? If this is the case, please try adding a lighter or different flooring instead of the cement one that is a color that you prefer. If I'm not understanding this correctly please clarify further. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 28 of 204 (2,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I mean the other area where it is dark on top of the entire bottom floor. I tried merging the walls over one another to see if that was the issue but it is still there. I'll show more screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

The black area is supposed to be "open" to see the stairs and room below but despite deleting the bottom level's ceiling and the top level's floor, there is still this odd black stuff here.

Message 29 of 204 (2,187 Views)

Champion

Can you please try moving the back wall so it lines up under the top one, re-trace the area you are creating the opening for, delete it's floor with the sledgehammer, re-add the stairs and fencing. If that does not work are you willing to share your build to the gallery under the name 'basement test' or something and provide me with a link so I could test it in my game? 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 30 of 204 (2,166 Views)