Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by jbelks

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

We should alert @crinrict to @XY-6405T-1984 's partial workaround so she can post it on the first page of the thread!

Thanks for finding that, & thanks to you, @Gooseyness , for testing it out.

If EA's listening--please patch this (eta: a true fix) in ASAP.  I've stopped playing 'cuz I've finished my rotation & the only HH left is unplayable thanks to this bug.  I spent a few hours last night looking at possible new games to buy, & I'll keep looking.  Typically, when I find a new game I like, that's all I'll play for months and months, & when I return to my old games, I almost always drop one out --permanently.  I'd hate to give up on this franchise, & I'm not planning to, but I won't be shocked if this time 'round it's TS4 that I drop.

Please make it worth my while to keep playing.

Message 161 of 204 (1,521 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Tiarella4 There is really no reason to post that on the first page because it is NOT a partial workaround, it does not fix the bug in the slightest... It does not solve anything, nor does it make the game any easier to play. It is still beyond messed up, and posting that there is a "partial workaround" is completely false.

Beyond the first floor, the remaining basement floors are still bugged out, showing the dreaded permanent dirt floor... just like @Gooseyness said, and just like I tested myself: It does not solve anything.
Message 162 of 204 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have to agree with @cumbersomecanada, the behavior that i@XY-6405T-1984 reported is how I used to build below ground structures prior to this issue.

It's useful to know, but it's always worked that way. This issue starts at the bottom of the first level basement.

Message 163 of 204 (1,474 Views)

★★ Guide
@Jaelk Agreed 100%. The issue is with sub basements. What @XY-6405T-1984 posted is unfortunately not a workaround for the issue reported in this thread.

The responses from the Sims O/A team acknowledge that there is definitely an issue and that they understand what it is (replies #115, #132, and #140 in this thread).
Message 164 of 204 (1,415 Views)

★ Guide
@D8GSTAR @stv_strm @Jaelk I agree. This should not be posted as a workaround, because its not. It fixes nothing, the problem still exists in the basement 2nd level and below.

Plus 99% of people will never figure out how to do this work around.

Some people don't even know how to properly cut out a level. If more knew, we would have every single person who plays the game complaining. There would be literally tens of thousands of complaints in here and nobody would have bought the junk they released since June.

Even EA doesn't know what they are doing, if they did they would have spotted this bug instantly.

Just look at every EA build they do, they never use cutouts in basements. Actually they don't even make basements, the builds they do look like they were done by brand new players with no grasp of how to build even the most simple of structures.

No offense to EA though, you guys are too busy rolling in the cash to actually play the game.
Message 165 of 204 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can confirm that only the ceiling can be removed, which is at the level of the ground floor, because I have many houses with access via basement stairs. But this is not a solution for the ceiling floors below or above the ground, but only the lonely functioning element that has remained.

I still tried the top floor of a house. The top ceiling can also be edited.

Message 166 of 204 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh god I thought I was the only one having this issue. I'm trying to build an underground lab but I am having trouble building a multi-story basement for a rocket ship. I could've sworn before a recent patch that I could've done this no problem. 

hope this gets fixed soon. 

Message 167 of 204 (1,092 Views)

Re: Basement Split Level Rooms Now Have Irremovable Basement Flooring Between Le

★ Apprentice

Me too Devil

Message 168 of 204 (1,052 Views)

Re: Basement Split Level Rooms Now Have Irremovable Basement Flooring Between Le

★★ Guide

I also hope it gets fixed soon but they have released a new Stuff Pack and Update and we still have the same problem. According to many on these Forums the Moshino Pack has a few problems also. I have started altering some of my builds to take into account the basement bug because I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon.

Kind regards James.

Message 169 of 204 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. All of my builds with split level or multilevel open basement are now filled with dirt (visually). Can't even stand to look at them. Glad to see I'm not alone. Sad to see so many with the same issues. You'd think they'd have done something about this by now. New stuff shouldn't break all of the existing things in game. That's simply lazy,yet sadly, not a new phenomenon in gaming. Although, many games fix it within a week or so of breaking it. This is going on what...3 months now? 

Message 170 of 204 (946 Views)