Basement

by Caitlin-Shirley

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

★★★★ Guide
@RouenSims Interesting, my sim could access the lower level. I put a rock wall on the lower level and it does work, although it looks a bit funny because the sim pops up through the dirt. All in all, I hope that solution comes to the devs soon. <3
Message 121 of 204 (1,195 Views)

★ Guide

^ yeah the bug is just visual.  You can still walk through the dirt. 

I hope they fix it in the next patch, nearly all builds I have use cut out floor sections in the basements and look terrible now.

Message 122 of 204 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Grasblcok44 edit:

Turns out, I got hasty and posted too soon! Looks like they do care after all. I hope you all get this thing taken care of.

Original message:

Dude, that sounds legit, and it would be, IF EA decided to take us seriously. It's been over a month, and still nothing so much as a peep from EA. It's infuriating, but there's nothing I can do about it. I wonder if we can't contact the developers about this Glitch. If they get enough reports, (and I am absolutely certain there are more than enough to go around, given all the posts here) they might just get up and do something about it instead of wasting their time on clearly pointless updates as has been previously stated.

I don't have any expansion or stuff packs either, so it is not those that are directly causing the problem. This is not a user-related issue, even from a non-developer standpoint, that much is obvious. This bug is resulting from a gross error within the central block of code that makes up what we call "build mode" (not saying I know close to anything about that.) if they're waiting for something it better be legitimate because this whole problem makes me think about dumping The Sims 4 in the trash can, so to speak, and all EA content, for that matter, as I can't see myself playing a game whose developers don't fix glaringly obvious problems that are staring them in the face.

EA, you better make a move soon, we're getting a little impatient!
Ps. I'm not trying to sound like an angry gamer but EA's seeming negligence is also very unprofessional.

Post Edit:

I just wanted to remind those who may have reached the end of my long rant that I didn't read the statement from EA's developer team earlier in this thread (about page 11 or 12) regarding this issue. I'm glad to see somebody from their team has taken the 5-10 minutes to reassure us. However, I'm still more than eagerly awaiting the results of their not-so-convincing "investigation". 

Message 123 of 204 (1,133 Views)

★ Apprentice
@VI0LETSrN0TBLUE A reply to my edit. What information are EA's "QA" team trying to "gather"? What else is there to know? Have your team of developers pull up the code from before and after the island living patch and see if they can spot the differences. There's not much "information" to gather there. It's already before you. I'm not a programmer though, so I speak from a position of ignorance. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to needlessly complain. It's just that we've been waiting for a long time to see this issue resolved and many of us have had more than half our games rendered useless because of this bug. Just want to make sure the issue gets properly fixed, for me and for others.
That's all.
Message 124 of 204 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice
@OracleLunaFaye Thank you for posting a suggestion instead of simply complaining as I have been doing. I do not know where to find the floor tile you are talking about. Is it part of an expansion pack?
Message 125 of 204 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

@VI0LETSrN0TBLUE Yes, it's in Island Living.  So if you don't have that EP, unfortunately the work around won't help.  Frown  If you do have that EP, it's in decorations, I think it's called Crystal Clear.

Message 126 of 204 (1,117 Views)

★ Apprentice
@OracleLunaFaye Yeah we're saving up for one. Maybe someday. Thanks again for the suggestion. But I think it could be helpful to some of these people here who do have the pack
Message 127 of 204 (1,098 Views)

Basement

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not on computer
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work. Get together. City living. Cats and dogs. Get famous Spa day. Dine out. Vampires. Parenthood. Perfect patio. Cool kitchen. Movie hangout. Backyard. Vintage glamour. Laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure it if is a bug but I have tried everything in the book and what I’m trying to do doesn’t work.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to make a split level basement, the floor of the upper level turns to the basement dirt floor when either removing the floor with the hammer tool or clicking and selecting "remove floor". Making regular split level rooms above ground works as normal.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see. Giant open room with no ceiling in it Two boxes with the bottem box sailing removed. So one giant room like it says u can do under house in basement but it doesn’t.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sent a picture file 

Message 128 of 204 (1,069 Views)

Re: Basement

★★ Novice
@Caitlin-Shirley Please EA do something about this as nothin I am doing is working. And I can not finish my palace until I can finish my basement. And that’s is EA ever read any of this. Frown
Message 129 of 204 (994 Views)

basement floor texture not disappearing

★ Novice

I'm having issues with my basements,

I have deleted ceilings and floors but the default basement dirt texture wont remove.

All mods are disabled 

Is there a fix for this?

Message 130 of 204 (829 Views)