Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by OracleLunaFaye

Original Post

★★ Guide

I clicked "Me Too," but I'm not sure my problem is the same. I have a two-level basement in Strangerville, but my Sim can't access the lower level. I play on Mac. 

Message 111 of 204 (1,998 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RouenSims Can you see a dirt floor that spans across the entire basement floor that basically separates the other levels altogether and is irremovable with the sledgehammer tool or is it simply a pathing issue?
Message 112 of 204 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just another voice chiming in, hoping this will be fixed ASAP.  I do some multi-level, open areas in my basements (most notably one house in Oasis Springs with an underground rocket silo) and this is really ruining things.

Message 113 of 204 (1,949 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too!

Message 114 of 204 (1,905 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul sul, everyone!

First of all, thanks for all your reports, screenshots and for sharing your experiences with us! Standard smile

It truly makes a huge difference to our team knowing that you guys got our backs! 

I can confirm that our QA team is aware of this issue and that we are currently tracking this.
We appreciate everyone's patience while we continue to investigate further!

Once we have further information, we will make sure update you accordingly!

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 115 of 204 (1,892 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You may have a "roof" on the lower floor. If you remove the floor from the upper level you see the dirt roof but there can still be a barrier to accessing the lower level.  You still can't get the nice open look that we are all used to but at least you can walk "through" the dirt floor.

It was one of the scenarios I ran ... but I ran a lot of scenarios. :S

Message 116 of 204 (1,606 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictAtticusCrowe I'm still having this issue. Does anyone know if it's any further forward to being fixed or has anyone gotten around the glitch? It has ruined a beloved build of mine like it probably has for others. Peeved me off something chronic.
Message 117 of 204 (1,584 Views)

Re: Two-story Basements doesn’t work properly.

★ Apprentice
I was scrolling and your comment caught my attention; what do you mean vampires and toddlers are more broken now?
Message 118 of 204 (1,514 Views)

Re: Two-story Basements doesn’t work properly.

★★ Guide

We need a fix for this bug ASAP. It has made a load of my builds unusable. What are we paying our money for ?? It would seem a sparkling new user interface. The old one was fine.. May I remind UK users that you can demand your money back if software is not fit for purpose under our current software laws.

Kind regards James.

Message 119 of 204 (1,487 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem.  A temporary work around that might work for some situations is to use the new glass floor tile.  See attached.

Message 120 of 204 (1,398 Views)