Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by Mcboyo238

Original Post

Re: Glitch - basement ceiling won't delete!

Hero
@TeddyKate Merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 204 (1,005 Views)

Re: [The Sims 4] Second basement floor ceiling

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if it's related to Island Living. I have all the other expansions except that one and my game is still doing it

Message 102 of 204 (984 Views)

Hero
@TeddyKate No, don't think it is. It just started with the patch that came with IL.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 204 (973 Views)

★ Guide
@TeddyKate Correct observation. It will give people the problem with or without the island living expansion.

So even people who didn't want this expansion are suffering if they updated their game.
Message 104 of 204 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, this behavior was introduced as part of the maintenance patch prior to the release of "Island Living".

I suspect that the changes made to allow "stilted" buildings to be built on water have had an unexpected consequence on how basements are coded. (NB you can't build basements on an Island lot which is also asinine in my view. but that doesn't mean the code isn't shared).

Message 105 of 204 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This bug is game breaking and they didn't even try to fix it a month after its release. What a joke.

Message 106 of 204 (1,027 Views)

★ Guide
@Mcboyo238 They spent the entire month releasing a patch filled with bloatware with features nobody wanted. Nobody likes the ugly load screen now, or likes the multiple choice question thing in CAS but yet they wasted time making it instead of fixing anything.

They actually thought it was worth mentioning changing the loading screen from a white background to a blue one, I can't even imagine why they thought they should change it. Bluescreens remind me of hardware crashes in windows, nice job going with that color scheme guys.

I hope they can now pay attention and fix this bug which breaks every house I have in the game.

I would love them to at least post in here and say they are aware of this problem and will fix it. But they don't even care about doing that.

So all rejoice, we got the blue loading screen now that a modder could have made in 5 seconds... hope they can fix this this game breaking bug now that they are on a high from this epic blue loading screen they created.
Message 107 of 204 (991 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any word yet on when this will be addressed?  Has it been confirmed to be a bug or is this an intentional change (break) to the game mechanics?  

Message 108 of 204 (952 Views)

★ Guide
@clayburngriffin I hope its not intentional. It would be totally insane to just keep this bug in the game as it is, it ruins countless houses I've built. It makes basements trash if you can't cut out the floors anymore.

I hope they can tell us if they will fix it in the next update or if we should just revert back to pre June 21st and stop updating the game from this point forward.

It must be linked to the fact you can't build basements on the new Island area, and maybe for some reason created a bug in build mode for the other areas where you can build basements.
Message 109 of 204 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm playing on my good old PC and also have this problem. I'm building the Aperture Science Enrichment Center (from the Game "Portal"). And want to build the big Chamber of the Central AI Core (GlaDOS = Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System). But sadly, because of this stupid "Bug",  it looks kinda weird. Not only the Chamber of the Central AI Core looks awful, but the complete Facility also looks awful. The Facility is basically a bunch of bottomless Basements. So that it makes one big Basement.  I really hope that EA fixes this "Bug" very soon. I know that it was already a month that passed since the "Bug" occurred after the Patch. And I also followed this Thread since I built another Lab for "Get to work."

Message 110 of 204 (920 Views)