Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

by VI0LETSrN0TBLUE

Original Post

Re: Can't remove ceiling between basement levels

★★ Guide
@worm61 It's definitely a bug that was introduced in the last patch. See here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Irremovable-Basement-Flooring/...
Message 71 of 204 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Happened to me after the Island living patch. Now i cant play the basement as it looks irritating seeing double basement got this weird terrain surface covered. 

Message 72 of 204 (2,013 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for posting about this, I was just about to. I have this problem too after the latest patch before Island Living was released, I hope this gets fixed soon because I do this a lot in my builds and many of my houses are ruined because of this.

Message 73 of 204 (1,979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting for this to be fixed Frown really hope it will be.. not even going to bother building basements until it is

Message 74 of 204 (1,965 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's been over a week and nobody from the staff has mentioned anything about looking into it. I know they are probably busy, but I hope they take a look at it and find a way to fix the problem. I'm still waiting too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Edit: I mean that I haven't seen anything about it from them as of yet. I don't want to assume anything! 

Message 75 of 204 (1,935 Views)

Hero
@VI0LETSrN0TBLUE They hardly ever acknowledge anything. They're pretty swamped at the moment but this has been forwarded and they are aware of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 204 (1,913 Views)

★ Apprentice

As long as they are aware of it and are planning to fix it when they get to it, it's alright with me. I just hope they get to it soon.

Message 77 of 204 (1,825 Views)

Multiple Basement Levels Issue

★★ Novice

Hello! I recently discovered that when building basements, you can no longer look from the first sub-level down to the second one like you used to. So, what used to look down onto the second level is blocked with this un-removable dirt. How do I fix this? It's not flooring or anything like that, so I'm at a loss for how to remove this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 4.01.34 PM.png

Message 78 of 204 (1,760 Views)

★★ Guide

I am having the same problem on my 2 storey Rocket Silos. The Rocket appears to be cut in half by a layer of earth Between the 2 levels. Tried every thing to no avail.

Please try out one with a rocket silo look under user name MickRonson.

Kind regards James.

Message 79 of 204 (1,783 Views)

Re: Can't remove ceiling between basement levels

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just gonna mention I have this problem also.  All of my houses are glitchy that used cut out floors.  You can remove the floor but graphically it puts dirt in its place instead of an opening where you can look down into a basement to.  The dirt is just cosmetic by the looks of it because my sims can walk through it.  But it ruins everything, I had basements that had cut our floors you could look down into lower levels from, now its just dirt you see.

I don't think this requires much else explanation from anyone here, a new player with 30 minutes in build mode would likely discover it, but apparently not the developers of this game.

What an awful patch this has been, can't even play the game in fear of saving will destroy thousands of hours of building.  Been waiting for weeks for a patch to fix this and the countless other game breaking bugs from this "expansion".  I still can't risk playing the game with this massive bug.  How such an obvious bug was not caught before this release is impossible for me to understand.

Message 80 of 204 (1,770 Views)