Re: The Sims 4 - Deleting basement floor leaves Dirt

by MorrighanSan

Original Post

The Sims 4 - Deleting basement floor leaves Dirt

★★ Novice

So I’m trying to build a vampire crypt type lot, with multiple underground levels, I want the first basement level to have an open center, revealing the second basement level connected by stairs/railings. Whenever I delete both the floor of hat section in the upper basement level and then the ceiling of the same area on the second basement level, all I’m left with is dirt that looks almost broken as it is somewhat pixelated. I even placed a lot with the same idea from the gallery and even that had the same issue when in the gallery photos it showed an open floor. How do I fix this??

Message 61 of 204 (4,282 Views)

Glitch when deleting basement floor/ceilings

★ Novice

I am building a double height basement like I have done many times before, but since installing the patch and Island Living the ground won't go away. The floor and the ceiling delete, but then the area fills with dirt texture. I've never had this happen before. I hope this can be fixed soon. Thank you!!

Message 62 of 204 (4,272 Views)

Re: Basement floor tearing after update.

★★★★★ Apprentice
@fionavick891 I think this one was reported as an issue within a few minutes after the patch. If memory serves it was forwarded to EA the next day so they have had it for a while. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Message 63 of 204 (4,270 Views)

Re: Basement floor tearing after update.

★★★ Novice
@Jaelk yes it probably was but the more people who report it the better then they are able to identify it as a common issue from the update seeing as everyone is having this issue (well a majority)
Message 64 of 204 (4,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ethaerielle @EEtheridge 

Merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 204 (4,253 Views)

★★ Novice

Ergh, I've had this same problem.   Trying to make a two story room in an underground house, and it puts that darned dirt right across the whole opening.

Message 66 of 204 (4,163 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here! Adding my voice to the masses to report that bug.

It's not even a problem builders, think about the Mother as an in game example of Maxis built game content that used this build option. She's in a multi level open basement as well. Please fix this, it is wrecking havoc.

Please fix this, I beg you, it is a big issue!

Message 67 of 204 (4,098 Views)

Re: Split Level Basement?

★ Novice

I uploaded a simple example of this called Basement Test under the username mpmottley to the gallery. Feel free to comment in gallery or here if this is exactly the same issue you are having or a solution. Thank you for anyone's help. Not exactly sure how to link here.

Message 68 of 204 (4,026 Views)

Re: Split Level Basement?

★★★★ Novice

Just coming here to say, same problem. 

Please EA, fix this, it's a real pain, and there's a lot of people who play the game just to build. Not my case, but think about them Frown

Message 69 of 204 (4,013 Views)

Can't remove ceiling between basement levels

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create two basement levels. Attempt to remove the ceiling and floor between them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floor fails to be removed.
What do you expect to see? A two-story basement with no ceiling or floor between levels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saw in this EA guide - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/basement-tips - a tip for how to make an underground rocket silo. As my sim is an astronaut, I wanted to try this for myself. Following the guide's suggestion, I built a two-story basement under my sim's house and attempted to remove the floor and ceiling between the floors. I was able to get the prompts to remove both floor and ceiling, but after clicking them, I was left with a dirt floor between the two levels and could not place a rocket in the area I had created, getting an error saying that it could not intersect with floors or ceilings. From the screenshots, you can see that I successfully accessed the command to remove the floors and ceilings, but that there is still a floor in my way. As this is an official EA guide, it seems clear that I am supposed to be able to do this, so it must be a bug that's preventing it from working.

Message 70 of 204 (3,977 Views)