Re: Basement Split Level Rooms Now Have Irremovable Basement Flooring Between Le

by The_True_Javen

Original Post

Two-story Basements doesn’t work properly.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By building a two-story basement and try to remove the floor in the upper basement so you can see the room below
What happens when the bug occurs? It removes the floor and put in replacement a dirt mesh floor and you can’t see the room below.
What do you expect to see? Been able to remove the floor and see what is underneath if there’s a room below like we can do in the upper levels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch before releasing Island Living

I send you some photos, the first is with the standard floor, then the second is of the dirt mesh floor, the third is the room underneath the first level that used to show down before… I move the same building to other lots and happens the same, also try to build other stuff in other lots and happens the same, only happens between the first a second basement level.

If it helps the building is up in the gallery, it’s named Bella Victoria in my account @aidreaurel.

Message 11 of 204 (4,081 Views)

Re: Two-story Basements doesn’t work properly.

★★ Novice

I just wanted to add my name to the mix. I am also having this issue. I am on a Mac, no mods or CC, and just Strangerville and Vampires content added. Do we not have an answer yet as to why this is happening?

Message 12 of 204 (4,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I built a sweet underground Turkish bath overlooked by a balcony one level up. Now all you can see from the balcony is a dirt floor Frown

Message 13 of 204 (4,026 Views)

Re: Basement Split Level Rooms Now Have Irremovable Basement Flooring Between Le

★★★ Novice

I have this problem, too, and it just started happening with the 6/18 patch (I just got it today, and my split-level basements were working fine prior to the patch).

I have a handful of the expansions, one UI mod (tried disabling/removing it, no change in basement behavior). 

Message 14 of 204 (4,003 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue with a build I started months ago. I have zero mods/CC in my game and I have all the DLC.

Message 15 of 204 (3,992 Views)

★ Novice

I've also been having the exact same problem since the patch yesterday. I removed my entire Mods folder and even cleared my cache yet I'm still unable to delete basement floors/ceilings. Even clicking the yellow line "Remove Ceiling" doesn't remove it. Split levels work above ground but not for basements. 

Message 16 of 204 (3,979 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's 100% the patch. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the beaches being implemented, as you can't build basements on some beach lots. I was building a cool multi-level tomb before the patch no problem, updated, then this happened. Apparently it's not only acceptable to release unfinished broken games, but now unfinished broken patches as well. Vampires are also more broken now, as well as toddlers.

Message 17 of 204 (3,970 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Adding minor details to my "Me Too" - my rocket silo (2-story basement with just fencing/no other building at ground level) has been affected since the latest patch. The rocket is reboxed and sitting on the lowest-level floor. Silo was created with just base game tools (all I had at the time). So even at the most basic level - a 2-level hole in the ground without any spiffy additional building techniques - the bug is showing up.

Message 18 of 204 (3,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this as well, after reading a few replies I figured I would give something a whirl.

Empty CC folder

Empty Save folder

Empty Cache folder

Delete Thumbnailcache

Patch game, ensure CC Option is off. (So nothing should be loaded by default)

Create new game, create random sim (I got the blonde lass from the base game). Randomized traits.

Bought "crick cabana", activate cheats, added 1000000 Simoleons., deactivate cheats.

Created basement, removed roof on first level opening it to the sky (Check, working as intended), added sub basement using basement tool, remove Floor (failed as dirt floor appeared).

Deleted basement, repeat with Wall tool (same result), Varied the depth of the basement (Same result).

Tried to use the remove ceiling as well as the remove floor commands with the same results.

On the plus side the translucent dance-floors still allow you to see through any level of a house into the level below. Standard smile Basement, change related maybe?

So I am thinking that this is definitely something with the patch. 

----------------

Looking at this a bit more (This is what happens when I am reviewing design documents for hours at home) it also seems that there are some other changes in build mode behavior underground. The hammer tool seems to work differently. I don't remember having to highlight a whole subterranean room and hit delete to remove it.  I am sure I used the hammer to knock out parts of it, now I get a small Orange popup that I have never seen before saying "Action not possible here".

Created walls underground that don't form a "room" can be removed by the hammer tool as I remember but once it's a room it seems that the hammer isn't as useful.

Also, there seems to be some relationship between ceiling and floors in a two level basement.  Unless I had a ceiling on the lower level AND a floor on the upper level you only see the dirt. (of course if you have neither it's all dirt).  I don't remember that limitation previously I thought you could at it from either top or bottom and it just showed up.

Message 19 of 204 (3,941 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

★★★★★ Newbie

I play on my laptop, newest update and I have the same problem. I didn't have it before this update.

I have a double level room undergrounds and the floor that was supposed to have no floor now has a dirt floor.

I've tested in on other lots as well, same problem.

Sims can't walk on the dirt 'floor' and basketballhoops (they are higher than my set wall height) are still usable.

Message 20 of 204 (3,906 Views)