Re: Multi-Level Basements spawn dirt ceilings now!

by stv_strm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a split level basement or load a house from the gallery with one already built
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to make a split level basement, the floor of the upper level turns to the basement dirt floor when either removing the floor with the hammer tool or clicking and selecting "remove floor". Making regular split level rooms above ground works as normal.
What do you expect to see? A two level room with no floor or ceiling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/18/2019 patch. Was building pre-patch, quit game, came home and updated, all current and attempted split level constructions then affected.

Sims 4 Split level bug.png

Message 4 of 204 (13,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

Hero

Basements will not create irremovable flooring between levels.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 193 of 204 (7,976 Views)

All Replies

Multi-Level Basements spawn dirt ceilings now!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am playing on a Macbook (laptop mode) and the latest patch just dropped (UPDATE: 6/18/2019 – PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220)  and now my house has a strange issue. Beneath my mansion is a giant underground Film Studio that I meticulously built. Due to the MASSIVE size of all the set pieces (you know real life green screens come in normal room sizes too, right?) the only way I could build a set on my lot, even a small fun one, was to build a multi-story basement at least 3 floors high. It was great when it was done, and i loved going into First Person to watch the long trek from main floor to the set, it was an adventure! But now the new patch dropped and I jumped into my game to make sure any mods (I pretty much only use the remove blur and a few outfits, nothing that really affects gameplay and no scripts) were still working, and discovered a problem with my giant underground studio. Every floor now has a dirt floor that I can't get rid of. My sims can still walk to the bottom, but they have to phase through three boring levels of Hell to get there now. I've tried to "delete floor" but the only option it gives me is to add floor, and even if I do that and delete it, the dirt just comes back. I just got back into sims when it was free recently, so I'm not even sure how to do half the stuff in the game still, so I have NO ideas on how to fix this on my own. When my sims are on the ground floor (especially in FPS mode) you can't see the dirt ceiling as it disappears, so once I'm actually in the studio it looks fine, but the dirt is really obnoxious making it so I can't see what's going on if I go up a level to interact with something. Obviously it has something to do with the patch and I've tried repairing game and no luck. Will honestly truck on dealing with it till I hear back because I don't know how to fix it and the studio was too hard to make to start over right now, so hopefully this can be fixed without having to rebuild or restart as it worked fine prior to the patch.

Message 1 of 204 (13,075 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Quick update, I have completely rebuilt a new studio, going down an additional floor and building up, and trying many methods to add additional floors to see if any work, nadda. The dirt floor always forms past the initial basement floor, and all attempts to delete the floor just creates dirt again. Tried building patio floor, just floor, rooms, pre-built rooms, tried it all. Once I delete the floor...dirt. In fact I have new complaints about this as it also now affects build mode as I cannot see what I'm doing while placing things such as lights or other roof mounted items for the floor below. Again, once my sim is on the lowest floor, they can see the studio just fine, it's the trek down that's awful. And as i said before, this wasn't a problem till the patch.

Message 2 of 204 (13,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Edit: Upon further playing while still dealing with this issue, I have also discovered that activating the camera (in your inventory) to take a photo of the set, has a new issue that I can't say i've seen before, but not 100% sure the patch is to blame, but once in camera (photo) mode while in the basement lower levels...the entire world disappers. All the items I've placed still exist, but walls, ceilings, floors, and everything else goes invisible. Only placed items and natural terrain remains. So I'm basically taking a pic of under the map.

Of the 3 included pics, the one of my sim (in the red shirt) shows the room in the background with walls and floor. Then the two other pics are of the same room viewed through the camera. Weird textures on the floor, invisible walls. etc. I used to like to take pics of sims interacting on the set.

Message 3 of 204 (13,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im on PC and i have the same problem with dirt between floors.

Message 5 of 204 (13,011 Views)

Hero
@Multivers-Corp Is this the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Now-Have-Irremovable-Basement/m-p/7... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 204 (13,006 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes. I was there earlier and clickt Me too.
Message 7 of 204 (13,001 Views)

Hero
@Hyperion_Rail Merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 204 (12,998 Views)

★★ Guide

Seeing the same issue in my game. Raised eyebrow

Dirt floor

Message 9 of 204 (12,875 Views)

Re: Basement Split Level Rooms Now Have Irremovable Basement Flooring Between Le

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I too discovered this issue in one of my builds...

I spent so much time recreating the ancient Argonian Xanmeer from The Elder Scrolls Online

I was so proud of what I had in the end, which was mainly a huge room inside a pyramid type structure that was 3 rooms deep.

It's ruined my build and I'm so sad! Devil

BEFORE:

05-04-19_4-20-41 PM.png

AFTER:

06-19-19_10-08-05 AM.png

Message 10 of 204 (12,804 Views)