[FIXED] Baby taken away/baby doesn't cry when hungry

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here are my specs...

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

I noticed this issue after the May 4th update. I took a look around on the common bug list but didn't find anything about this.

Basically, My household had a baby and I would leave every day with one Sim to go to work (doctor.) Around the 2nd or 3rd day of babyhood, When my Doctor sim gets home, I see a few notifications pop up saying to that the baby is starving and a social worker will take her away if she is not fed. The baby's portrait had a green background and wasn't crying or anything.

I fed the baby anyway and aged her up so thankfully this wasn't a big problem but It was worrying because this appears to be a glitch with the active workplaces, where if you go there and have the baby on "care for self" apparently they are secretly starving.

I have all expansions as well as some downloadable content

Message 4 of 64 (6,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Baby taken away

Hero

You will now get a notification warning you that your baby will be taken away if you neglect them.
  • You horrible horrible person…
  • …not that we’re judging. Perhaps it was just a busy day…
  • …and you had the sound off.
  • … and you wanted to finish a painting.
  • We at Maxis will never judge…
  • ….you horrible person.

Don't know if that applies to this issue as well .. or not ..

Let me know if you guys still have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 62 of 64 (5,252 Views)

All Replies

Baby Never Cries

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So this is the second time I've encountered this glitch; the first time I never really knew what caused it.

The situation was the same in both cases. One of my Sims would take all the children to the Park (the first time it was one child, the second time it was four children,) while her wife stayed home with the baby. I'd be in control of the Sims at the Park while the wife left home would be set to "Care for Self."

Once I send my Sim and the children home, the baby's status shows green. The baby never cries again to indicate that she's hungry or uncomfortable, and she never needs her diaper changed (presumably because she's not being fed.) Her status will remain green forever and eventually I'll start getting notifications that she's starving and will be taken away if I don't feed her. This has happened with two different babies. Both of them were female, adopted babies.

Saving the game, exiting to the main menu, and reloading the save seems to fix it. (Thankfully, I noticed as soon as I brought the Sims home from the Park the second time that the baby was remaining green for an abnormal amount of time, and saved my game in another slot in anticipation of her being glitched.)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I looked through the list of known bugs and didn't see anything like it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am not using any mods, and do not have the "Outdoor Retreat" or "Get to Work" packs, only the base game.

Message 1 of 64 (6,723 Views)

Re: Baby Never Cries

Hero

Try repairing the game through Origin or maybe moving the entire family out and back in via manage world

Seems like the need bars are stuck

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 64 (6,716 Views)

Re: Baby Never Cries

★★★ Newbie

i had a similar issue with mine.  My sims were all asleep, and next thing i get a notification saying my baby was starving and if i didn't take care of it, it would be taken away..... the baby's status was still green, the baby never cried for anything so i just eventually made it age up so i would be able to see its needs....

Message 3 of 64 (6,702 Views)

Re: Healthy Baby: Told Social worker will take if not fed.

Hero

Do you have mods or just hair/object/clothing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 64 (6,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No mods, no cc. Just never manually cared for the baby, I would join the sim at work and the baby was taken care of at home.

Message 6 of 64 (6,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could be related to this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-not-taking-care-of-their-needs-while-they-are-w...

Do you have other Sims that stay home while your Sim was at work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 64 (6,682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, they have a large family (several adults, and at the time, one child and the baby)

Message 8 of 64 (6,678 Views)

Hero

And the adults don't have the issue described in the linked thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 64 (6,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope everyone was taken care of! Even the baby, but I still got the social worker message after about 2 days of work with a sim.

Message 10 of 64 (6,667 Views)