[FIXED] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★ Guide

@amyjane1994x wrote:

I can't believe this bug was reported in January and still not fixed... 

It's not in today's patch notes either. While I hope they just forgot to add it to the notes, I'm not holding my breath. What a bummer.

Message 111 of 133 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They mentioned back in Feb/March that the problem was acknowledged but it wasn't fixed. I hope they don't overlook it as lower priority 

Message 112 of 133 (1,226 Views)

Dot.: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★★★ Apprentice

Still waiting for the fix. Good that this stage of life lasts only for two Sims days.

Message 113 of 133 (1,174 Views)

Dot.: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★★★ Expert

Disclaimer, we don't all play the same way, disclaimer disclaimer.  Second disclaimer:  Yes! this is a bug.  That said:

If your game is unmodded, your baby will be a baby for 1.5 days on short lifespan, 3 days on normal lifespan, and 12 days on long lifespan, but my impression is that most people just age their babies up to toddlers right away because babies in the Sims 4 are super boring. You can only take them out of their bassinets to feed them and the rest of the time they're basically the bassinet object. Okay, okay, there's a "cuddle" interaction, too, but you can only cuddle them standing directly in front of the bassinet and then put them back down immediately.  I basically only leave them babies if my Sim parents need the parenting XP or if they're in the middle of something that the more labor-intensive toddlers will interrupt.  Yes, we don't all play the same way, but I don't personally know anyone who lets their baby stay a baby until it forcibly ages up. 

Assuming you do let your baby stay a baby until it forcibly ages up:

1.5 days in Sim time is 36 minutes. Less if you speed up, like you do when everyone is asleep. You can't bear for your two white parents to have a white baby with a black baby thumbnail icon for less than 36 minutes on short lifespan and less than 288 minutes on long, assuming you can actually hold out 12 Sim days?

Sure, the household portrait doesn't look like them, either.  It's a minor visual glitch.  It's hardly the worst bug in the game;  I'll award parents and grandparents developing romantic feelings for related children and toddlers that spot, and my friend's "suddenly my married couple with children are brothers" bug as first runner up.  By all means, please patch out [disturbing societal taboo that might be triggering] before fixing a visual glitch.

"But I want a baby portrait!"  Awesome!  Take a photo in-game, or paint from reference.  Those are more work, but honestly might be cuter.</unpopular opinion>

I don't work for EA, but do work for a different software company (as a DBA rather than developer), so... they almost certainly have a not-infinite number of people working on bugfixes and have to prioritize which ones to work on first. I assume that the laundry list is the sweet spot of "we know what causes it AND have evaluated its impact on gameplay," which is the answer to "Why haven't they fixed this yet?" (Either they don't know why, or their limited resources were assigned to other bugs.)

Message 114 of 133 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same problem. White babies are dark on the icons and the households. They are also dark in the adoption, so I can't adopt a white baby, only a dark one. I wanted to adopt a white one, but I couldn't. Please, fix it, I want to be able to adopt all type of babies. 

Message 115 of 133 (1,144 Views)

★★ Guide
@Caitlin_North I've never adopted a baby in game, so I'm not sure if the issue is you can't tell the babies apart when selecting?

But I wanted to make sure you know that the babies themselves aren't all the same color. The baby's are the proper skin tones in the bassinets. It's just the thumbnail that's glitched.
Message 116 of 133 (1,135 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Lavendela91 Ah, me too! It's now May 2021 and I've had this problem since January. Even with green / blue alien babies!
Message 117 of 133 (1,095 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, this happens to me literally every time a household has a baby.

Message 118 of 133 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Lavendela91 me too
Message 119 of 133 (861 Views)

My babies are all showing up black in icons etc

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've noticed that for weeks my babies have stopped being displayed with their actual skin colors. I have a vampirically pale parental couple and I switch between having normal human babies and Dad having alien ones. But no matter what their skin looks like in game, the pics of them in the family list and on save screens are always super dark. Like black dark. Not even like POC dark, I mean literally black. Like tar, coal, pencil lead, lack of light black. It's not like that on old saves I haven't played in months, just on recent ones. I can't even tell what color onesies they're wearing. Can I please have my properly colored babies back? 😟

Seriously, do those babies resemble the thumbnails there? No. 😟

Message 120 of 133 (840 Views)