Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I opened the game after the update (the one that was released 16 hours ago). I went to my family where there is twin babies. Both parents are quite fair of skin tone. The sim icon of the babies however decided that the babies needed more colour. When i looked at the cribs, the babies were still fair skinned, so it's just the icon. I'm all for diversity, but I wouldn't like my sim being accused of cheating by her husband.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing much, babies just seem like they have a different daddy.
What do you expect to see? The skin colour of the icon matching the actual babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Repaired game yesterday after game froze. Updated all drivers and updated game today with latest patch.

Simskinbug.jpg

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title, Added Tag

Message 1 of 133 (26,048 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

[ Edited ]
Hero

We have fixed an issue that made Babies’ Skin Tones not match in different parts of Gameplay, like Interaction queues.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you still have issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/For-Some-skin-tones-Baby-icon-different-color-than-Sim-Patch-1... posting a screenshot of the skin tone still causing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 133 of 133 (14,699 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim icon different colour than sim (baby)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have noticed this as well when going into my sims panel for the list of people she knows, and her baby is a different color than what the baby appears to be in the bassinet. 

Message 2 of 133 (25,977 Views)

Baby Bug seit update 21.01.2021

★ Apprentice

Skin-tone Bug with white Babies

Today I turned back to my family gameplay. My Sim was pregnant and got into Labor. The Parents of my Baby were both white. The baby is white too, but in the Family Picture, wich is shown in the World Overview, it got a dark skin tone. After the age-up, the toddler was shown in it´s normal skin-tone.

I dont have Mods and CC in the Game.

Message 3 of 133 (25,926 Views)

Re: Sim icon different colour than sim (baby)

★ Guide
I'm getting the same issue, all the babies seem to have the darkest skin tone in the family portrait and live mode portraits
Message 4 of 133 (25,945 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Missing Baby Skin Tones

★★★ Guide

The only mod in my game is MCCC, I do not use any other CC. I have a very dark baby thumbnail but a lighter tan baby. Very awkward visuals.

Message 5 of 133 (25,925 Views)

Re: Baby Bug seit update 21.01.2021

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TinasPlayZone Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Is the icon also a different color like this report already made: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-icon-different-colour-than-sim-baby/td-p/9983440/jump-to/f...

NVM. I merged your thread. I did some testing and I'd say it's the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 133 (25,884 Views)

Hero
@ArcherAngelo Moving your post over to this thread. The one you posted in was very specifically for colors (like red) that do not exist for babies. Guessing you have more this (new ?) issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 133 (25,919 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Ah yes, sorry. I did a search but used "thumbnail" instead of "icon" so this thread didn't pop up.
Message 8 of 133 (25,908 Views)

Re: Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have seen this issue with babies in two different households since the latest patch. I removed all mods and CC and went back into the household and the baby's thumbnail picture is still much, much darker than the actual skintone of the baby.

I tried using the "Dress baby in onesie" option to see if the baby's skin tone would change in the thumbnail. The baby is now wearing the outfit I chose but the skin tone in the picture is still very dark, not at all matching the skin tone of the actual baby. Again, this was with no mods or CC.

I have seen this with babies born after the patch as well as babies who already existed at the time of the patch.

Karen

Message 9 of 133 (25,823 Views)

Re: Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

I've got the same problem it only started with me with the 1.70 patch.  Seems those skin tones are broken again.

Message 10 of 133 (25,806 Views)