Dot.: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

by TygerNight

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★ Guide

I've been noticing this happening with the Bheeda family. Every time the baby is born in a save I'm playing, it has a skintone much darker than either of its parents in the family's Manage Worlds portrait.

Message 121 of 133 (1,193 Views)

Re: My babies are all showing up black in icons etc

Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 122 of 133 (1,176 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Oddly I happen to be one of those players who actually adores the babies, and I've been known to keep them for real-time days because I actually love the tiny sounds they make, especially when cuddling or making silly faces. Just wanted to mention that the mythical does exist. LOL
Message 123 of 133 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TygerNight  Fair enough.  I generally leave them babies if the parents need to gain parenting skill or if we're doing something that having a toddler will interfere with (toddlers are SO much more work!).  Other than that, I want to age them up and see what I got!  I have a lot of mixed occult families and the crib is a hint but mermaids don't have a special crib... and then there's all the other genetic options...

I know my friend was using Ravasheen's Family Portrait CC "frozen" for every generation and has been making parent and baby portraits in Sims 4 Studio because this bug breaks the CC portrait. 

All that said... Your baby is still whatever skin tone it is.  It's only the thumbnail icon and household portrait that are affected, and your baby will age up fairly quickly.  I stand by homemade portraits being "cuter."  Okay, not everyone's Sim is level 10 painting or photography, but paint from reference or a photograph can be SO CUTE!  My friend showed me her Sims 4 Studio baby portrait and the expression on the father's face was ADORABLE.  I'd much rather have that, even if it's more work. 

Message 124 of 133 (1,144 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, just adding my own to the list as it is still happening today 05/12/2021. The Sims you see are the biological parents, the baby is white but the picture in Manage Households is this one.

Message 125 of 133 (1,061 Views)

★★ Pro
@NaerysW At least it made the Laundry List now.
Message 126 of 133 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me.. were you able to fix it??

Message 127 of 133 (1,011 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh no, I noticed the Sim icon in game is black too, but since it’s an issue for many people I just ignore it, I hope there’ll be a fix soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Message 128 of 133 (997 Views)

★★ Apprentice

#MeToo Several townie families getting preggers on their own are all having black babies. In one case I have 2 faeries with blue & red skin, they still managed to have a black baby.

I wondered if this was an overcompensation from the white baby glitch from last year?

I really miss the game mechanics from Sims2, if a black sim had children with a white sim, the skin was usually medium dark on the child. I don't know enough about how skin tones are calculated, but it really needs adjusting Standard smile

Message 129 of 133 (958 Views)

Issue with babies

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Eco Lifestyle and Small Living And a couple of stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason, no matter what color my sims are, no matter what their parents, grandparents are, all babies are black. This wasn't a big deal for a while, but now every single one of them is black in the thumbnails if not in the actual game. It's weird.
What do you expect to see? Babies should generally match the rest of the family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I can't remember, I think it was the patch before the last one.

I don't have anything else. 

Message 130 of 133 (847 Views)