FIX THE SKINTONE OF BABIES

by TheWitchySimmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm having the same issue with the baby skin tones on the icon being darker skin and the parents are both white, the only mod I have is MCCC that adjust anything for babies. I don't play with babies/kids much so I'm not sure when it could have happened in my game.

P.S. I wanted to add that the babies skin tone in the bassinet is white but the icon is dark skin tone, even if the parents are holding the babies the icon stays dark tone.

BreeMiles, I don't work for EA. I'm a volunteer through ccp

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 133 (14,153 Views)

★ Guide

All babies are black in my Sims-4 game. It looks like there is a cheating pandemic in the Sims world! Tongue out
It doesn't matter the skin tone of their parents, all babies are black. It looks weird in some cases. Babies should share their parents DNA.

All Babies Are Black-1.jpg

Message 22 of 133 (14,122 Views)

★ Guide

I think he's the culprit:

Cat's Eyes-2.jpg

Cat's Eyes.

Message 23 of 133 (14,023 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here.

I panicked,I thought it was my game .

Oh well.

Another successful patch

Message 24 of 133 (13,958 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep I have the same problem! I thought it was a mod at first so I uninstalled all of them but nope! Good to know I am not the only one.  

Message 25 of 133 (13,920 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue - since the last patch my babies appear with the darkest skin tone in the gallery/household management no matter what skin tone they have in Live mode.

It's absolutely ruining my photo story-telling, not happy at all.

Message 26 of 133 (13,897 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

SAME!!! So glad I'm not the only one

When I try to share a newborn to the gallery, the newborn's skin tone is completely opposite than what it looks like in the game (i.e. white babies in the game turn into black babies when I try to share them to the gallery) - I've even tried to download my prior newborns from the gallery to see if it'll be the same problem and when I try to share it, & they magically turn black in the gallery too!

Is this a newborn skin glitch? 

When I age the baby up, the glitch goes away and their skin tone matches what it looks like in the game

Assuming its a patch error? I tried repairing and updating game, no luck. Please fix this!

Message 27 of 133 (13,762 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. 

Message 28 of 133 (13,710 Views)
Highlighted

FIX THE SKINTONE OF BABIES

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a baby
What happens when the bug occurs? my two white sims end up with black babies, doesnt make sense? then turn white as a toddler
What do you expect to see? if two white sims have a baby i expect the kids to be white too.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the sims 4 paranormal

you can see that the bottom of my screen... my two white parents, with a now white toddler who was black when she was born, and now my twins are black? doesnt make any sense. 

Message 29 of 133 (13,703 Views)

Re: FIX THE SKINTONE OF BABIES

★ Apprentice

is this a prank for febuarary??? confused 😕 

Message 30 of 133 (13,659 Views)