[FIXED] Baby Skin tone/Clothing changes on removing from crib

by mysticalmaid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Baby Skin tone/Clothing changes on removing from crib

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim impregnated a secret alien, she had a black baby which aged into a tanned child.  Neither parents were black, though there are black ancestors on the father's side.

Message 1 of 33 (7,999 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Baby Skin tone/Clothing changes on removing from crib

Hero

• Babies will no longer change skin tone when they are picked up.

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Taking feedback if it's still happening with clothing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (7,745 Views)

All Replies

Re: Black baby grew into tanned child

Hero

Are you using custom content, especially skins ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (7,928 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not using any skins or sim related CC. I am using an anti-culling mod to protect the family ghosts.

Message 3 of 33 (7,915 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (7,904 Views)

Hero

Looks to me like the child skin is ok but the baby one is glitch.

Had something similar happen but for me the family tree is screwed up and my Sim has a dark wife that she doesn't know so I wonder if that's the reason the baby was dark. The child is now white as it should be given the correct parents.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (7,861 Views)

Baby skintone changing when removed from bassinet

★★ Novice

I checked the list of reported issues and don't see this but it's possible I overlooked it. My baby's skin color is changing as they are being removed from the bassinet. So far this is only happening to my girls. For the boys there clothes are changing but not their skin color. I attached pictures. I did have custom skins for babies installed so I removed those mods and tested and it still happened. Then I removed my entire sims 4 folder and played through 6 sim days for 2 pregnancies and the same thing happened so I don't believe this is related to mods. This is only happening with the babies born with the medium skintone; they are being changed to the pale skintone when picked up for any interaction. Also its affecting my sims whatever skintone they are, I thought at first it was only happening to my mixed babies (1 parent light, 1 parent dark) but then I had 2 dark parents have a mixed skintone baby changing to pale as well when removed from the bassinet. When they grow up they are all a skintone that they should be IE dark for dark parents and mixed for mixed parents. 

Message 6 of 33 (7,656 Views)

Re: Baby skintone changing when removed from bassinet

Hero

Hi @ksinclair878

I merged your post with this one as it's potentially the same issue. I had removed that from the list as there were no further reports.

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (7,643 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict I uploaded it.

Message 8 of 33 (7,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That's kinda of funny

I'll forward your save to QA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (7,613 Views)

Hero

Added Back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (7,599 Views)