Re: [OPEN] Baby Skin tone changes on growing up/removing from crib

by B10HAZARDx333

Original Post

Re: Baby skintone changing when removed from bassinet

★ Apprentice

I wanted to share some pictures from my game since this has happened for a second time, different family, and it still isn't fixed. In my game, it only happens with female medium-skinned babies. Some people have speculated that it was a shadow, but when you have CC skins that have different shirts, you can clearly see that the skintone file itself is swapping for the lighter one. It's harder to tell on the base game skins because they wear the same shirts, but it's very obvious when the whole shirt changes. 

It's like she's holding a whole different baby!

I tested without the CC skins, and it happened with the base game skins too. 

It's kind of sad because I wanted to take pictures of this woman with her baby, but it looks like she's holding another sim's baby. 

Message 11 of 33 (4,843 Views)

Babies with bug

★★ Apprentice

Babies do not have red skin. In simulation mode they have brown skin and streets clothes change, when they are in the crib is a clothing and when they leave is another clothing. In the icons of the Sim and the family tree he has a different red color and his clothes have the same color. When they grow older children get red skin like children raised in the CAS. All previously quoted come with newborn humans and aliens
In the photos he is an alien baby and as you can see the game recognizes him as alien (alien birth certificate hanging on the wall, circled in yellow) but he comes with the human cradle in human clothes and brown skin. I do not use a mod.

Message 12 of 33 (4,822 Views)

★ Guide

I've encountered the same issue in my game. The baby is female, she was just born, I don't use any cc or mods, the game is also freshly reset.

Message 13 of 33 (4,816 Views)

Re: Babies with bug

Hero

Hi @PenguinNavi

merged your post with existing bug thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 33 (4,810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. It's driving me mad. It can't be a cc issue if people are experiencing it in their vanilla games.

Message 15 of 33 (4,791 Views)

Hero

Who said it was a cc issue ?

It's marked as open which means it's an open bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 33 (4,780 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Just noticed in my game. twin male baby's clothes changed to female when picked up. Never had any problems with baby's being born though, or the skin tone.

Just the clothes changing.

B10.

Message 17 of 33 (4,757 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well. I do have some skins in my game but they're just overlays that have to be put on at the mirror.

Message 18 of 33 (4,740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem! Medium skin girls and dark skin boys! Hopefully EA fixes this sooner rather than later...

Tests: This is with and without custom skins!

Pale Boy: No problems

Pale Girl: No problems

Medium Girl: girl turns into a pale skinned girl when lifted from the crib and goes back to normal medium skin tone once in the crib again

Medium Boy: No problems

Dark Girl: No problems

Dark Boy: When he's in the crib with custom skins he uses the female's dark custom skin tone but when he gets lifted from the crib he uses the correct male outfit (just EA's outfit since no DST file to create a custom outfit for)

Edited to add pictures

Message 19 of 33 (4,721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem.

Message 20 of 33 (4,705 Views)