Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Wont stop Vacuuming

by elysevilla

Original Post

BLD STILL NOT WORKING

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All are installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It will happen often.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim stops whatever they are doing to go vacuum outside. I can try and make them go back to work but they still want to stop so they can vacuum outside.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to do what I ask them instead of vacuuming outside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bust the Dust is still busted. My sim wants to stop whatever they are doing to vacuum outside.  It is getting ridiculous.  To write a book so much longer because they kept stopping to vacuum outside.  I kept thinking they had a problem with the computer or writer's block but they were fine.  Help!!!

Message 21 of 38 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can confirm this also happens on Xbox.

I'm not sure what is triggering it. For me it is the Sim who has the vacuum in her inventory. I notice it more when shes supposed to be cooking or on the computer. She'll cancel all interaction (even interactions that are qued up, all will cancel) then processed to vacuum. 

Message 22 of 38 (771 Views)

★ Novice

This really sucks- especially since it makes me want to get rid of the vacuums altogether. Everyone saying, "just take it out of your inventory," does have a point, but if thats the entire point of the pack then I wasted 5$ lol

Message 23 of 38 (750 Views)

My sims are obsessed with vacuuming!

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a vacuum in a sim's inventory and tell them to do something else
What happens when the bug occurs? They stop what they are doing and vacuum, even if the room is perfectly clean
What do you expect to see? My sim to continue to do what I tell him to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed dust pack

My sims are obsessed with vacuuming! No matter what I tell them to do they stop shortly after starting and whip out the vacuum. It doesn't matter if the room is already clean, they start vacuuming. 

Message 24 of 38 (746 Views)

Re: My sims are obsessed with vacuuming!

Hero (Retired)
@haruka13666 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

It may help to remove the vacuum from the sim's inventory. I found even with it sitting on the lot, they'd go grab it. You can try putting it somewhere out of reach, like in the roof until you need it.
Message 25 of 38 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim does not use the vacuum cleaner autonomously, I suppose it is because I have the autonomy deactivated, but the maid practically only runs the vacuum cleaner over and over again, always on the ground floor of the house, goes in a loop and vacuums over and over again Once, the floor is already clean but she continues, until 4:00 p.m. which is the maximum time until she stays, there are other things to do, the upper floor is dirty, but she ignores it completely, so my sim always has to vacuum the upper floor, it's frustrating because I also pay him $ 160 for all the hours she is there, but she leaves and leaves part of the house dirty Frown

Message 26 of 38 (705 Views)

Vacuum Obsession Continues

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? PC: 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust the Dust Kit, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Our Door Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio, Moschino Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? install bust the dust and attempt to play
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will stop all activities throughout the day to vacuum (even when the house is clean)
What do you expect to see? My sim should maximally vacuum once a day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sims are obsessed with vacuuming.   No matter what they are doing they will stop midway through to vacuum. Showering, cooking, breast feeding, SLEEPING, etc. Bust the Dust Kit has made the sims 4 totally unplayable. I attempted to even turn off the gameplay (which I do not want to do) but my Sim still attempts to vacuum at multiple periods thought out the day. Please note that the floors are sparkling clean at all times and the sim is always positively impacted by the cleanliness.

Message 27 of 38 (650 Views)

Re: Vacuum Obsession Continues

★★ Pro
@DCBatteryBoy And that is the reason, dear reader, to never buy this kit.

I am sorry that you are going through this torture. What a complete waste.
Message 28 of 38 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@stjmk I second this recommendation.  The gameplay is a fun idea but i have yet to use it and enjoy it.  I am close to uninstalling it.

Message 29 of 38 (640 Views)

Hero
@DCBatteryBoy Did you try taking the vacuum out of the inventory of the Sim and just place it in the house ? Does it happen then too ?

Merging this thread with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 38 (607 Views)