[FIXED] [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

by tysamasaurus

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

★ Guide

I have this issue too, not only the butler but the maid too. they don't vacuum the dust

Message 11 of 23 (1,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem with both maids and butlers. I gifted them vacuums (both hand held and regular), but they don't use them. All they do is pick up the piles, not actually dust anything. On windows, no mods.

Message 12 of 23 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with both butlers and maids as well.

Message 13 of 23 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue. Butler will not vacuum or even pick up piles.

Message 14 of 23 (1,391 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve never played with Butlers but i’m also having this issue with maids not vaccuming. I’m updated to the July 27th patch i believe it is and I don’t play with mods

Message 15 of 23 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs / kits but: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires SP: MFPS, Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Butlers and maids do not use the vacuum cleaner. The maid pick up the piles from the floor (I haven't seen her interact at all with the dust bunnies) and the Butlers just ignore them. The house gets incredible dirty because of this. Also on this:

Vacuum cleaners need a dock (So you don't need to have multiple vacuums on the same lot +To not clog up the inventories!)
2. It would be great if we could specify what cleaning task we wanted the butler to perform

Message 16 of 23 (1,361 Views)

★ Guide

Butlers and maids don't vacuum. I used to see maids vacuum when the bust the dust first came out. Since a recent patch, they do not. I'm not sure when it was. Also, You used to be able to vacuum in a small area by clicking on the floor and the sim would go outside and do the animation. This was funny looking, but at least you could vacuum. Now, if you have a small or cluttered house, you cannot vacuum at all. The sim will go back and forth between outside and inside and drop the action from the queue. You need at least a 3x3 space to vacuum with no dust bunnies, piles of dust, furniture or any other items. This is really hard in micro homes. Sometimes, a 3x3 will still take several tries to work and you usually have to clear out the dust bunnies and dust piles first.

Message 17 of 23 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've seen the same thing in my game - butlers unable to vacuum and clean up dusty homes. When I added the butler to the family so I could inspect their inventory, I saw that the game had not generated a vacuum cleaner for them in there, but they aren't able to use ones you place around the home or gift them based on the autonomy rules they have in place currently.

I've made a mod which tweaks some of the autonomy and allows butlers to generate and use their own vacuums. If anyone on PC/Mac who uses mods wants to give it a try, they can find it on my site, which is linked in the approved game fixing mods thread.

Message 18 of 23 (1,249 Views)

★ Guide

Also, The Butler does not clean their own room (The door locked for Butler), or stomp on Dust bunnies.

Message 19 of 23 (1,214 Views)

★★ Guide

The butler doesn't even pick up dust piles or empty the floor robots.

My poor posh and snobbish sims Disappointed

Message 20 of 23 (1,132 Views)