Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been playing a household for 2 sim weeks and no dust has appeared in the home. 
What do you expect to see? Some dust appearing in the home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes, after patch 1.90.358.1030

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Filled in form from answers given

Message 1 of 154 (24,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

Hero

Dust and Dust Bunnies will show up after a reload, now where did I put that Dust Dandy Cordless Vacuum?

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 149 of 154 (5,615 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, no mods, I have all the DLC installed. It was working fine until the latest orientation update came out. Now none of my homes need vacuuming.

Message 2 of 154 (24,777 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Edouble72 I don't know if it's related to this, but in my save game (previous to the last update) the floor was dusty and now vacuuming doesn't work at all and the dusty floor is like always present. I tried to clean it every sim-day for a sim-week, and it's still dusty
Message 3 of 154 (24,763 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I'm having this same problem. I have been playing a household for over 1 week now and the floors are still sparkling and my sim still has the clean floor moodlet. I have all packs and all build/buy kits as well as Bust the Dust. No mods or cc. Noticed only after July update installed.

Message 4 of 154 (24,741 Views)

my houses are not getting dusty and my sims can't use their vacuums. I tried disabling the dust system and enabling it again, but the problem persists.

Message 5 of 154 (24,719 Views)

Re: [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

★★ Apprentice
@Edouble72 I made an account just to say: Likewise! I first off thought it was the CC but actually it doesn't make a difference!

I made a big experiment just yesterday and let the game run in full-speed in the background for several Sim weeks and the floor is still sparkling! But I can't pin point when it began! I hope they fix it along with all the other issues! Because basically Bust The Dust is now completely useless... and I just wanted to befriend my first Dust Bunny!
Message 6 of 154 (24,615 Views)

Dust System is Broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game and stuck pack, and every kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a home, enable the dust system. Play for around 2 sim weeks.
What happens when the bug occurs? Initially, the dust system may work for a little while, starting at clean and becoming dusty or maybe even dirty (but NEVER filthy anymore), but then the progression will stop totally. I left it for three sim weeks and was disgusting on the floor, no progression. Then my sim tried vacuuming and the floor was described as clean but the animation still appears dusty/dirty. The dust bunnies disappear but not the dust piles or dust in the air animation. The only way to clean it is to reset the dust system by disabling it and enabling it.
What do you expect to see? The dust system to operate as it did, transitioning from pristine, to clean, to dusty, to dirty, to filthy, around every 2 sim days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch preceding high school years and the installation of high school years

I’m trying to achieve the fabulously filthy achievement and can’t because the floor won’t become filthy or gain filth fiends, keeps glitching and becoming stuck at clean, dusty or (once) dirty.

Message 7 of 154 (24,487 Views)

Re: [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue, but the dust fails to accumulate after a save and restart. When I start a new save file, the dust appears as per usual, but as soon as I save the game and restart, the dust is permanently gone and the floors are perpetually pristine.

Message 8 of 154 (24,392 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

★★ Apprentice
@Edouble72 This issue has been happening to me since the 7/26/2022 update
Message 9 of 154 (24,208 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

★★★★ Novice

Since high school years I haven't been able to form dust. Very annoying as I've now paid money for a kit that literally has no use at all now apart from being a decorate vacuum 

Message 10 of 154 (24,132 Views)