Re: Sims 4 cleaning service won't clean dusty floor

by Francoisf30

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I've put a vacuum in the house readily available for the maid and I have one in sim inventory- no change.
Message 11 of 24 (5,355 Views)

★★★★ Guide

same for butler they dont clean dust.

Message 12 of 24 (5,325 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, one time I even tried to control the maid and get her to vacuum but she didn't have the option. I tried to put the vacuum in her inventory and I couldn't because she said it wasn't hers so she can't take it.

Message 13 of 24 (5,256 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

Champion

I've seen the same thing in my game - maids unable to vacuum and clean up dusty homes. When I added the maid to the family so I could inspect their inventory, I saw that the game did generate a vacuum cleaner for them in there, but they aren't able to use it based on the autonomy rules they have in place currently.

I've made a mod which tweaks some of the autonomy and allows maids to use their vacuums. If anyone on PC/Mac who uses mods wants to give it a try, they can find it on my site, which is linked in the approved game fixing mods thread.

Message 14 of 24 (4,841 Views)

★ Guide

When I first downloaded the kit the maid came and brought her own vacuum. Not sure when it happened but, now the maid doesn’t do anything about the dust.

Message 15 of 24 (4,693 Views)

★ Guide

my maid did when I first got the pack. not sure when but she stopped.

Message 16 of 24 (4,689 Views)

★★ Guide
  • They no longer pick up dust piles as well.

• I don't remember if they (at release) emptied the cleaning robots, but they should do that as well.

ps. the butler issue has its own report alread

Butler does not vacuum or dust

Message 17 of 24 (4,607 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same problem! When I hire a maid they clean the dust piles but there is still dust on the ground and dust bunnies. I would expect the maid to bring a vacuum or any other tools needed to complete their job.

Message 18 of 24 (4,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's the same issue with both Maids and Butlers. Maids and Butlers do not use the vacuum cleaner or stomp on dust bunnies.
Here's the Bug Report for Butlers:
[BDK] BUTLERS DOES NOT VACUUM OR DUST 

Product:
 The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs / kits but: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires SP: MFPS, Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis, Industrial Loft
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The maid pick up the piles from the floor (I haven't seen her interact at all with the dust bunnies) and the Butlers just ignore them. The house gets incredible dirty because of this. Also on this:

Vacuum cleaners need a dock (So you don't need to have multiple vacuums on the same lot +To not clog up the inventories!)
2. It would be great if we could specify what cleaning task we wanted the butler to perform

Message 19 of 24 (4,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maid leaving, dust bunny on the far right by couch. She actually walked right by it too to clean a non-existent puddle in my workout room at the time. 

I see that it's on the list to be addressed, but here's my screenshot too Standard smile

Message 20 of 24 (4,357 Views)