[FIXED] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

by hellothere1234

Original Post

Re: Bust The Dust Sniffing

★★★★ Novice

So accurate!

Message 31 of 39 (824 Views)

Re: Excessive smelling of surroundings even if there's garbage everywhere (Dust

@PositivelySIMful I used a mod to fix this, and just now I started playing vanilla to see if they fixed this, it's not a bug, but the animation makes the sim pause too much. If the house has platform steps, sometimes they'll sniff the surroundings for each level change. They sniff the surroundings for every new action they'll do, and after they finish it. Then they'll sniff again when they are idle.
Message 32 of 39 (736 Views)

it's almost unbearable! Frown

Message 33 of 39 (735 Views)

@Arthur Gibraltar maybe the developers could disable the animation entirely while they don't tune it down?
Message 34 of 39 (734 Views)

@Arthur Gibraltar it's exactly as The Sims 3's route failure animation: it's long, annoying and (almost) useless, but now it happens every time and for no real useful reason at all.
Message 35 of 39 (732 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

★★ Guide

Continues happening in 1.90.375.1020 (Excessive sniffing of the air each time a sim walks to a different floor level).

This while also having the "no dust accumulation bug" on residential lots.

Message 36 of 39 (668 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'd like to add to this list the 'notice the air conditioning' interaction that happens when a door is opened. It's been blowing all week! Are you not used to it by now? Combined with dust smelling, when was the last time you spent an hour getting in the front door?

I can understand the 'bring your hoover to work/school' event in the devs workplace, but the fact that the hoover is placed in an inventory after use when it is used on a constant basis is crazy! Besides, anyone sniffing that much dust at work needs to be fired! Just saying! x)

Message 37 of 39 (623 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

★★★★★ Newbie

Agree just totally remove it maybe because it drives me crazy. It's so weird and gross. 

Message 38 of 39 (552 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

Hero

*Sniff Sniff* Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (3,181 Views)