[FIXED] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

by hellothere1234

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

★★ Guide
@bae281995 I'm sure this is gonna need more than 32 "me too" to get attention.
Message 21 of 39 (792 Views)

★★ Guide

It  is now 34. 

Message 22 of 39 (777 Views)

★★ Pro
@MarleyTheWizard Maybe they want to fix these so that people buy the kit? Because I DON'T have the pack but I'd be interested in the added gameplay if and only if the gameplay is good and not buggy like this. EA you can have my money if you fix this game to be playable! Standard smile
Message 23 of 39 (775 Views)

★★ Guide
@siirysiir yeah don't buy it yet on its current state. You might also find the sparkling animations a bit too much as well.
Message 24 of 39 (771 Views)

★★ Pro
@bae281995 I certainly won't. And thanks for the heads-up!
Message 25 of 39 (769 Views)

★★ Guide
@hellothere1234 36 me toos now. Can anyone give this attention? Frown Or can I just at least return the dust kit?
Message 26 of 39 (724 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh, I absolutely didn't buy this and other kits because they were so awfully bugged. I felt like I would be paying $5 for a self-inflicted wedgie. Bust the Dust seems quite broken even before you add this feature in.

Message 27 of 39 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hellothere1234 the smells good/bad animation plays almost anytime a Sim enters a room AND especially if you have L-Shaped stairs they will stop on the landing and smell the air. It's too often. Couple that with the "hey the room is heated/cooled" animation and it's beyond excessive.
Message 28 of 39 (688 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bearpal64 indeed, it's beyond excessive it's annoying.
Message 29 of 39 (671 Views)

Re: Excessive smelling of surroundings even if there's garbage everywhere (Dust

★★★★ Apprentice

I will add the sniffing is excessive, but I don't think my game is glitching; I think this is just the programming and I think they should fix it or just take out the animation. 

A typical morning for one of my Sims would be:

mom wakes up, sniffs the room

heads down to make breakfast-- stops to sniff at bottom of stairs

goes to throw out trash-- stops to sniff upon coming back inside

runs upstairs to feed baby-- stops to sniff at top of stairs

comes back down to start work at home-- stops to sniff at bottom of stairs

goes out to get mail

baby starts crying so I cue mom to go change her, but she stops to sniff on her way back in, stops to sniff again at the top of the stairs...

Animations aren't cute when they get so repetitive they're stopping all action like 20 times a day; the more backed up and busier your Sim gets, the more they're running up and down and in and out, the more the animation is happening to back them up even more.... so it just gets very frustrating. I'd rather not have a cute animation at all than have it occur so repetitively that it feels like it's getting in the way of my game.

I know the game developers have a long list of things to fix and more pressing matters but I hope this gets attention soon Standard smile

Message 30 of 39 (593 Views)