Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Bunnies and filth friends are too frequent

by Gednaa

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@Marinuttonen realism players or any type players are not to blame. We ask for solutions, maybe more customization. What the sims team actually does is not the fault of players.
Message 11 of 61 (2,074 Views)

★ Guide

Everyone would like more options, but complaining because there's vampires in the vampires pack, is the fault of the people who bought it. If you don't want occult, don't buy the occult pack.

If you don't want dust bunnies, don't buy the pack with dust bunnies in it.

Message 12 of 61 (2,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I have my sims clean the whole house to perfection and as soon as they finished it's all dusty again, the spawn rate for dust is so high they can't keep up

Message 13 of 61 (2,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree, I started a new game and couldn't do anything but clean, I really tried to play around it, but in the end I had to disable the pack to even get a job or build skills.

Sure I was making a killing with the bunnies, but I found out when I left them alone for one day for a job and went from max friendship to low friendship with all of them, you also have to constantly feed and hug them just to keep them above neutral. It felt like trying to keep the bug boxes alive all over again.

When they have high friendship they give you like, 5 to 7 hundred dollars a search or something else as ridiculous considering how often you can send them out, but at low friendship you pretty much get nothing. So with how it is now you either have to give them your constant attention or expect to get nothing from them.

I turned it off because it was either play the Sims or play bust the dust, and I wanted to play the Sims.

Oh and just a note, I am a big occult and fantasy player, and love any little cute pet or companion they can add, so not being able to actually play with them is a big disappointment to me and I hope they fix it without ruining them.

Message 14 of 61 (1,998 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Francoisf30 Interesting. I have an 8 sims household and had to retire all but one from the acting career for this reason and another that I've mentioned in another thread. Just not doable. The maid comes along and says it's all good and it's clearly not! So I need to reduce my households to play with a bit of dust? All my legacies and achievements gone? So wish I never got this kit!
Message 15 of 61 (1,949 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Bloodluvingirl Yep, I think I'm going to have to uninstall this so that I can get my game to a level I can cope with. As I said in this thread, I've retired all my Celebrity, Actor sims so they can just clean up all day! Can't be right. Maybe some toning down in the code would fix this?
Message 16 of 61 (1,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I bought the pack to have it as an extra thing. I do agree it ultimately takes over the game play to the point of my sim died due to the excessive buffs then finding something funny. I ended up having to download a mod who basically turned it down a lot. Sims will cancel current tasks even on public lots to go vacuum. Also the amount of money you can get from a dust bunny is better than most careers. 

Message 17 of 61 (1,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Francoisf30I like difficulty too but I can't even manage two sims with the dust taking up the majority of my time. Kill the bunnies and vacuum. Next floor, kill the bunnies and vacuum. It's endless. I'd be ok if it was every eight hours. But its like every two hours a new layer of dust forms. It most definitely is a bug.

I only have two sims in the current household I'm playing (one robot and one toddler) in a three story house. Literally within 2 real life minutes of playing with the pack, I had a thin layer of dust on the first and second floor and a dust bunny on the first. I wasn't crazy about the dust bunnies being alive, but I embraced it as another quicky Sims feature. Once I got rid of the first one, a second one immediately popped up on the second floor. Having only sim in the household that is able to clean the house isn't enough. Like the others said:

1) We need an option to toggle dust bunnies off
or make them appear less frequent

2) They need to adjust the timing for when a new layer of dust forms, especially after the floors become pristine.

Message 18 of 61 (1,896 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MDSimss I think EA should both fix the frequency and give us an option to disable the dust bunnies in the settings. Should I also mention the fact that our sims don't even have to work anymore because these bunnies get thousands of simoleons out of nowhere? :D
Message 19 of 61 (1,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
EP - Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape
GP - Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure
SP - Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
KITS - Bust The Dust
OTHER - Holiday Celebration

I have this bug too! I get 3+ new dust bunnies/day (1 sim household in a tiny house -Tier 3 Small house. But also with bigger household on regular lots). I'm ok with EA adding a toggle on/off option for dust bunnies (but still have the regular dust that you can vaccuum, I like realism in my game), but if this conflict with the new aspirations, so maybe just turn it down a bit? It's more realistic that you only need to clean the house once a week (5-7 days for regular level, and more often for pristine level). I prefer just dust and no or less frequent dust bunnies. And yeah, I also want challenges in the game, but this is not a challenge, this is just repetitively vacuuming. I can't use my other packs because my sims have no free time, they needs to clean every. single. day. Sometimes twice a day.... Disappointed

Message 20 of 61 (1,835 Views)