[FIXED] Autonomous romantic relationships with married / taken sims

by maijakas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Autonomous romantic relationships with married / taken sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Didn't find a specific thread concerning this issue yet, so opened a new one.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with the fact that when playing multiple households, my sims are creating romantic relationships autonomously. For example, when playing another household for a while, my married sims in another household will all of a sudden have romantic relationships with other sims.

I understand that it is a game feature to be able to have affairs even when married, but I think it should be under the players control whether the sims cheat on their spouses or not. If playing multiple households, the player is not in control of the sims realtionships, as they will generate love interests and downright enemies on their own.

This seems to happen a lot - almost every time when switching between households I find my sims with unwanted relationships. Is this a glitch, or just an odd feature in the game? Is it possible to fix this issue, as it makes playing with multiple households extremely annoying? I'm aware that there is a code to modify these unwanted relationships after they have been formed, but it would be great to have this issue fixed or at lest to provide an option to turn autonomous relationships off.

Anyone else find this annoying? Many thanks in advance for helping with this issue!

Message 1 of 8 (13,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Autonomous romantic relationships with married / taken sims

Hero

• We fixed an issue that was unintentionally creating romantic relationships between married Sims not currently in the active household and NPCs. Married sims will not form romantic relationships with other NPCs while you are playing another household.

This was addressed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (15,143 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 8 (13,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

In my opinion they mostly stem from autonomous flirt interaction on  community lots. When they become flity for whatever reason, they start to flirt with everything that's in sight.

I agree that it's very annoying. 

I had my Sim go on a date the other day, left them alone for 10 min and my Sim was flirting with someone else.

Moving this over to the bug forum although I'm unsure if it can be counted as a bug as such.

It's definitely highly annoying though and should be tweaked. So I'll add it to the list on the next round

@maijakas

EDIT: Added this. Not as much as a bug than a major annoyance for rotational players. It ruins the game for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (13,269 Views)

EA Staff

@maijakas Is this issue still happening for you? If it is would you be willing to share some more info so we could look into this? 

1. Are you using any mods? If you are what mods are you using?
  2. Could you please send us a .rar or .zip archive of your recent Save files as well as the names of the Sims that were affected in the save you send?

Simply upload the archive to a 1-click hosting service like dropbox and contact me by PM with the Link and the information.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (13,234 Views)

Hero

Could anyone provide with a current save game on this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (13,048 Views)

Hero

• We fixed an issue that was unintentionally creating romantic relationships between married Sims not currently in the active household and NPCs. Married sims will not form romantic relationships with other NPCs while you are playing another household.

This was addressed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (15,144 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sims are married, they both are in the same active household and have children, still my lady sims constantly gets angry cause she thought the husband flirted. Funny thing was, first time it happened, the husband was talking to his bro about muscles, I made sure that they would not have any flirting happening. The second and the third time was when the husband was at work. I am so confused here, the husband action at work was "work normally" and usually that does not cause him to flirt or anything like that. How can this be happening? 

Message 7 of 8 (11,794 Views)

Hero

HI @GGSpiceey

could you please open a new thread ? This is very old and doesn't use the bug template.

Thanks

Locking this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (11,777 Views)