Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Autonomous return to home lot on social events

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Movie Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Pack, Grim's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim was asked on a date to The Solar Flare Lounge in Oasis Springs. While there, she was tired (orange) and kept trying to "Return to Active Lot", which was making her stuck. If you click on the zZ Icon so the Sim will resolve the issue herself, it continued to give the same problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Return to Lot action stacks and constantly gets cancelled and re-added. I was unable to send my Sim home.
What do you expect to see? My Sim leaving the lot and returning home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after latest game update.

I wanted to report this bug I encountered today. I do plan to buy Cats & Dogs very soon, not sure if that will fix this issue.

Message 1 of 27 (2,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Autonomous return to home lot on social events

Hero

Sims at a social event with failing needs will now properly return to their active lot when you tell them to do so as expected.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,919 Views)

All Replies

Re: BUG - Return to Active Lot

Hero

Was a date situation running ? Did you click on it or did she want to do that on her own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (2,949 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this problem as well.  I cancel it when I see it pop up.

Message 3 of 27 (2,936 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can confirm I've seen this a few times with parties/invites out/dates etc.

Message 4 of 27 (2,917 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Autonomous return to home lot on social events

★★ Novice

YES I keep seeing this also. Installed pets and it seems to happen a lot more now Very frustrating my sim keeps leaving dinner table while on a date to "return to active lot" and also it took a VERY long time to get her to go home meanwhile her needs diminished.

Message 5 of 27 (2,910 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Autonomous return to home lot on social events

★★ Expert

i don't know if this is related--i don't even know how to word it properly. after the patch, a Sim will no longer be able to use the toilet or nap when she is visiting someone--she will attempt to "return to active lot", which cancels itself out after a few seconds.

this happens when using auto-solve. directing her to the toilet or a sofa will work. clicking on "go home" under her portrait will also work properly as far as i have seen. no mods/cc.

Message 6 of 27 (2,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A date situation was running. It continued to happen even after the date was over.

My Sim originally was trying to go home on her own decision, because she was tired.

I tried moving her to cancel the automatic return to lot, and clicked on the "zZ" button in the needs panel, and she went back to trying to return to active lot and failing.

Message 7 of 27 (2,873 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I've added this because of the amount of reports but still need to try myself as I'm a bit unclear what happens

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (2,838 Views)

★★ Expert

thank you, @crinrict.

Message 9 of 27 (2,834 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I see what you guys mean

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (2,799 Views)