Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Ask on Date' fails every time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.85.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Develop a relationship with another sim to a romance level where you can ask a sim out on a date using the phone. Go to the phone and select, "Ask on a Date." The phone gives a bad reception moodlet no matter the sim I am playing or what world I am playin in. Also gives a yellow embarrassed moodlet because the sim didn't or wasn't able to accept the date. Been seeing this for about 2 months.
What happens when the bug occurs? Develop a relationship with another sim to a romance level where you can ask a sim out on a date using the phone. Go to the phone and select, "Ask on a Date." The phone gives a bad reception moodlet no matter the sim I am playing or what world I am playin in. Also gives a yellow embarrassed moodlet because the sim didn't or wasn't able to accept the date. Been seeing this for about 2 months.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the "ask out on date" option to work and spawn the two sims to travel together. I also expect to be able to complete the Serial Date and Soul Mate aspirations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

??  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (3,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Off the grid ask on date failure

Hero
Thanks all for the feedback.

Guess it was the off the phone grid issue then that caused this that is now fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (3,752 Views)

All Replies

Re: "Ask on Date" fails every time

★ Guide

Ive had this issue as well. I find the best work around is to invite the sim to the lot first, then ask for a date in person. 

Message 2 of 21 (3,788 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@zoiee2020 Thank you for your reply! I will try this out.
Message 3 of 21 (3,780 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, on pc, no mods or cc,

i just tested out a few different sims in different saves files. this is what i got.

test 1-my current 009 save, the sim i was playing (created sim) living in newcrest called his girl(created sim) living in CL hood, he got turned down, got embarrassed moodlet with the stupid happy cellphone moodlet. Photo 1

test 2-i split the pancakes couple,she moved next door,she called, it loaded map so call date worked, forgot to take photo.

test 3- 007 save I had a married couple i created but never played so i split them,she called,it worked photo 2

test 4 - 004 save, my serial dater sim, 1st he called jordan(npc), got turned down,got that other stupid angry cellphone moodlet with embarrass photo 3

test 5 - same serial dater now he called dianna(npc), they went out.

So after these test i noticed looking at the photos it seems the romance bar could b the culprit, the low bar like jordan said no, but dianna at 50% and the married couples went on date.

So check where your romance bar is at, maybe it needs to b a certain amount for it to b accepted. 

Of course the 'stupid' cellphone moodlets is something that probably will never b taken away. sidenote-I was 1 of the 1st group of people to talk about it back in june, but it got locked cause i wrote it as an 'angry' moodlet rant. yet, i still play for 6 yrs,well 20 yrs starting with sims 1.

take care, stay safe,enjoy playing even with the glitches

Message 4 of 21 (3,773 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz The bug report for the faulty off-grid moodlet can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cell-phone-gives-off-grid-related-moodlets-for-on/...

Don't know if that's the cause for the issue so it might be best to just wait for that bug to be fixed and check if you still have issues then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (3,735 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also having this problem. Thought it was a mod, but had it happen in my save with no CC installed. If a sim calls another for a date, nothing happens. If I invite the sim over and then select "Ask on Date" in the romance menu, it proceeds normally.

Message 6 of 21 (3,682 Views)

Hero
@Babolat85 Does that happen for every Sim in your game or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (3,663 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've done some further testing with a fresh save. 

Had two neighbours flirt with each other enough to get to the "Ask on Date" to appear in the phone menu, then sent them home. 

Sim A is able to ask Sim B on a date from the phone menu, just like normal. 

I then switched to Sim B's house and repeated the same action. The phone call happens, then he disappears off to stare at a plant or painting, or something more thrilling than going on a date. 

Message 8 of 21 (3,649 Views)

Hero
@Babolat85 Do you also get the bad reception moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (3,634 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Looks like I am. I didn't notice it at first because it was buried in the "Happy" moodlets. 

Message 10 of 21 (3,628 Views)