Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] All children of played families are overweight

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a played family have a baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby ages up to toddler, child and teen with maximum overweight, regardless of the parents' shape, food or motoric skill. There is no way to influene toddlers' or children's weight via gameplay. Teens loose weight quickly in the gym. NPCs are not affected. If you create a townie family with a slim toddler, he will age up to a slim child.
What do you expect to see? Children having similar body shapes like their parents as it was before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think this happens since Cats and Dogs.

All my recent toddlers were boys so I can't say if the gender influences the bug.

Message 32 of 45 (6,384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] All children of played families are overweight

★★★★ Pro

Having a toddler in my actual game I also can confirm now that the bug has gone or does at least not occur every time like in the past.

View in thread

Message 44 of 45 (6,541 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Children/Toddlers age up heavier than they should be

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is now a glitch where all, and I mean all of the female children in the game are heavier than they should be. And I am not being inconsiderate of other people's weight and feelings. Because in every Sims 4 Lets Plays that I watch regularly, every single female baby has aged up to be a heavier child. (including my own sims in several different saves) This happens even if the parents are very thin too. I just thought I would share this issue.

Message 1 of 45 (7,623 Views)

Re: Female children age up heavier than they should be

[ Edited ]
Hero

Changed your title to reflect the issue better

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (7,610 Views)

★★ Novice
Could having mods be causing this? I've seen this problem happen in many people's games, but no one has commented on it because weight is a sensitive subject. Could this be a problem with the latest update?
Message 3 of 45 (7,560 Views)

Hero

Could be could be not. The problem is that I need it tested on vanilla games so Maxis can't say it's caused by mods.

I've asked around on twitter and got a few that have the issue.

Added it now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (7,544 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and still did even when I took out all my mods. And feeding them too much as babies is not an issue because I tried aging them up straight after they were born and nothing changed. It appears to just be a bug with the game.

Message 5 of 45 (7,462 Views)

Hero

Any changes for this ?

@winxella @freemansydney

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (7,419 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue after the last update but not with just female children.

All new women Sims in my game are being born with big feets and belly even if she is thin. It's so big that I have to turn on the CASfulledit to reduce the sizes.

Message 7 of 45 (7,411 Views)

Hero

Could you post a picture ? Any custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (7,406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No custom content.

Of course I have some pictures.

I really don't know why this is happening! Confused

Message 9 of 45 (7,403 Views)