[FIXED] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

by Populuxe

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

★★★★ Novice

OMG, YES...this has happened to me too. Everything was perfectly fine yesterday but after the update my sims Alien form has completely overwritten her disguise. She has 2 alien forms and now I don't even remember what my Sims disguise even looked like. Hopefully they'll have this fixed soon. :/

Message 11 of 64 (2,149 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No it doesn't, it simply replaces the alien disguise. What's the point in having a disguise if the alien just "layers over it" anyway? It really doesn't matter how or where I change it, it simply won't stick once out of CAS

Message 12 of 64 (2,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@NoahLGP wrote:

@Pegasyms Oops, I was wrong !

The alien must remove the disguise before to go in CAS.

@NoahLGP
i did that and the disguise gets alien eyes glitched on instead

Message 13 of 64 (2,110 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So sorry to hear that everyone else is indeed having this problem. I really hope we won't have to wait months for a fix. For most people this is pretty major and a huge waste of time as they will lose hours of time customizing disguises only to have them overwritten, well...before they realize it's broken anyways. I wonder what the patch changed that caused this error?

Message 14 of 64 (2,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Populuxe What I know, before this patch this issue occurred only with the Alien-Vampire (vampire born from an alien abduction).

Message 15 of 64 (2,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@NoahLGP  Oh does it??? The vampire pack is the only one I don't have, so I haven't experienced this myself. An alien vampire, now that is an interesting combo...

It's helpful to know this issue actually existed beforehand, maybe both occurrences can be addressed at the same time. Wondering

Message 16 of 64 (2,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If I'm not mistaken, didn't they actually tweak something about vampire "disguises" or dark form (whatever, it's the same thing anyway)? Perhaps that's what caused this bug in our games too? Anyway yes, hope this gets fixed very soon 

From the patch:

• Vampire ears on the base form of a Sim will no longer disappear when the Sim enters live mode.
  • Toddlers born with vampire parents, will now maintain the eye color they were born with (or that the player had modified them to be) even after loading them into Create a Sim

Idk, I just got a feeling that it's somehow related to the vampire fixes in some mysterious way  - especially cause I saw on the forums that some people got random non-vampires walking around town with pointy ears since the patch ^^

Message 17 of 64 (2,087 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Joanne_Snow  

The patch notes on Vampires:

Vampires

• Vampire ears on the base form of a Sim will no longer disappear when the Sim enters live mode.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a Sim from gaining access to others' homes when they have the Eternally Welcome vampire power.
  • Eternally Welcome, except this time. And… that other time. Oh, and remember after the house warming party? Yea… definitely not eternally welcome.
  • Sims that have been turned into Vampires should no longer have a non-functional age bar.
  • Toddlers born with vampire parents, will now maintain the eye color they were born with (or that the player had modified them to be) even after loading them into Create a Sim.

Well look at that! You're right, they did change some things about vampire forms, especially when going into live mode.

Message 18 of 64 (2,075 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Joanne_Snow  You beat me to it! Large smile

Message 19 of 64 (2,072 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

★★ Guide

@Populuxe Same problem with Vampires

They lose the Dark form when I edit them in CAS.

Message 20 of 64 (5,291 Views)