Re: [TO ADD] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

This is so frustrating, I was so excited to raise my alien abduction twins with the new Parenthood GP, but I can't alter their appearance AT ALL not just their disguise. One of them was born with vampire eyes, the other born with normal human eyes, don't even have access to alien eyes on either of them, not that it would matter because all the changes I make in CAS get wiped out. It ruins my entire game save for me, and I don't want to start over a new game with no aliens, I've spent over 100 hours on this save building this story.

Message 51 of 64 (1,472 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly the same thing is happening in my game. But I noticed the problem before going into CAS. My alien sim's disguise had changed to having alien ears! I went into CAS via the "Alter Disguise" interaction, fixed the ears, and went back to the game. Now she looks like an alien all the time. Can't wait for this one to be fixed.

Message 52 of 64 (1,428 Views)

★ Novice
Im having the same problem now. Maybe if you go into origin to try and update AND repair game? Im trying that now too. It was fine earlier but for some reason its acting up now.
Message 53 of 64 (1,410 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

• You can now alter alien disguises again with merry abandon.

This has been fixed in today's patch 1.30.105

I do believe that you will need to redo all lost disguises.

If anyone can confirm that ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 64 (8,189 Views)

★★ Apprentice

WOOHOO! Just had to restart my game and happened to notice there is a patch! I am VERY excited to test this out and see if it fixed things as the patch notes mentioned the alien disguise specifically. Testing as I type this!

Message 55 of 64 (1,383 Views)

★★ Apprentice

YES!!! So excited to say that my issue is FIXED! Though, I can't confirm if the connected Vampire issue has been fixed or not as I don't own that particular pack.

I must say I am very impressed to see a mini patch released so quickly, I was expecting to have to wait at least a month until the next standard patch to see this even worked on. Thank you so much to all who contributed and gave their input, and @crinrict for your hand in getting this fixed! It is MUCH appreciated!

I'm off to play my alien! Heart

Message 56 of 64 (1,377 Views)

★ Novice

Yes all disguises need to be redone...but at least they fixed it so quickly

Message 57 of 64 (1,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you @crinrict ;p

Message 58 of 64 (1,359 Views)

Re: Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

Hero

I didn't have much to do with the quick fix but I'm happy you guys are all happy :

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 64 (1,336 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

★★★★ Novice

I am so glad that this has been fixed! It caused me loads of confusion when it happened to me, so I was so relieved that I found that other people were having the same issue! Thanks for fixing this Sims4 team! :3

Message 60 of 64 (1,012 Views)