Re: [TO ADD] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Alien Disguise Feature Broken?

★★★ Newbie

By "including this one" i meant making sure my sims out of their disguise

Message 31 of 64 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

I found this issue too upon updating to the latest patch. It is definitely a patch-induced issue rather than anything to do with CC or whatnot. I found an additional issue when i went to correct the disguise in cas.fulleditmode whereby all the body options (nose, eyes, ears etc.) were for humans when I went to edit either form! I could no longer access alien eyes, skin colours, or anything else. The only solution I found was to create an Alien freshly from scratch to replace the 'broken' sim. Luckily I hadn't been playing this particular file for very long, so this wasn't much of a problem, other than the effort of replicating the sim by hand (seriously why isn't there a "clone sim"/"duplicate sim" option in cas.fulleditmode?? That would've saved a lot of time...) I haven't taken any of my sims into CAS since doing this - and I actually moved the family to the clipboard whilst replacing my Alien too, so I don't know if that had an effect. I think this might only effect pre-existing Alien sims, but I'm not keen on testing it and 'breaking' my new Alien... I guess I will find out for sure when he ages up.

Message 32 of 64 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

Going through this as well. Spent hours creating my sims disguise just to lose all my progress. I also have more than 8 sims in my household so to edit them I have to change them into aliens. This also happened with my toddler who again I turned into an alien to edit her and lost everything I had done previously to her..this sucks big time!

Message 33 of 64 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm so glad that this isn't just happening to me. Hopefully they will see it's a game wide error and fix it soon.
Message 34 of 64 (1,223 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

Though I never played with aliens before, I was curious and tested this bug. I have it, too Disappointed. However, creating a new alien in Manage Household and making him a disguise is still possible.

Message 35 of 64 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

YES i got this problem with all my Aliens ones I was playing ones I had saved to library, and why before the patch is skin details and styled outfits locked for Aliens it is discrimination lol but still annoying I have some mods that make certain female traits look more real, can only use them on the disguise would love to have an Alien that looks natural in a corset :D 

Message 36 of 64 (1,141 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This has just happened to me too and I'm pretty pissed! I have a six alien household and one of the toddlers grew into a child. I went into the outfit screen to sort out his new clothes and when I came back out, the whole family looked like aliens even when wearing their disguises. When I go back into the wardrobe, all their human disguises have been replaced with outfits and alien skins identical to their alien appearance setups. 

I hope they fix this bug imminently and I really hope the humanoid outfits aren't lost forever because that would be seriously annoying to try and recreate all the outfits and appearances for all six of them! I've saved it as a separate game just in case.

Message 37 of 64 (1,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, same here thought it was my Mods but a quick google search showed everyone's having this problem. I hope it'll be fixed in the patch today when they add parenthood but if not then fix it soon, my alien child looks real creepy...

Message 38 of 64 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so sad about this. I lost my sim's original everything from birth Frown had a surprise post-abduction pregnancy. 

Message 39 of 64 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a similar bug, although not exactly the same.

I have an alien toddler, and I'm able to edit her alien form just fine, but it won't let me save any changes to her disguise at all.

The disguise isn't being overwritten by her alien form like other people are reporting, however. It just keeps reverting back to her basic bald human disguise no matter what changes I make. Looks like this

Message 40 of 64 (1,156 Views)