Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] After moving a Sim out, the rest of the family resets

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons. Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every-time i move a sim out of a house using manage world, I have also used the Move Out feature from the phone,
What happens when the bug occurs? When i returned to the first house (after moving sim out), everyone was outside and all of the tasks assigned have been deleted. I also have to re-assign the beds to all sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect the remaining family members in the house to continue doing what they were tasked to do prior to moving out the sim. the beds and tasks also should not reset.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 update, subsequent patch didn't fix this problem.

After moving out sims the rest of the family resets, all tasks assigned to remaining sims are gone, all the beds have to be reassigned.  some kids end up really cold or hot because they don't go back inside by themselves.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (1,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] After moving a Sim out, the rest of the family resets

Hero

Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:
<insert dramatic music>
“What do you want?”
“It’s not that simple!”
“But… <sigh> What.Do.You.Want?!”
“Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
“OK“
<end dramatic music>

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,504 Views)

All Replies

Beds no longer assigned when sims move out

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move sim out from current household
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim is moved out from the household, all sims reset and stand outside the house. In this action reset all assigned beds also become unassigned.
What do you expect to see? I want assigned beds to stay assigned.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

With the new menu options taking longer to assign beds and not the ease of single clicking claim bed, it is extra tedious to have to reassign all beds in the household when a sim moves out. In 100 Baby Challenge there is a constant stream of the household being full and sims moving out so this is quite annoying to have to do every time.

Message 2 of 6 (1,851 Views)

Re: Beds no longer assigned when sims move out

Hero
@ArcherAngelo Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,799 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well. I think I posted in a similar thread about this. Not only do the sims find themselves outside with nothing to do (and sometimes inappropriate clothing) but the beds reset, the collections reset, and all the recurring services (like gardener) are canceled. I have to reassign the beds and reorder the services every time. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,701 Views)

★★ Expert

this is still happening. have noticed that beds sometimes reset after switching played households... so not sure if it's part of the same bug?

Message 5 of 6 (1,585 Views)

Hero

Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:
<insert dramatic music>
“What do you want?”
“It’s not that simple!”
“But… <sigh> What.Do.You.Want?!”
“Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
“OK“
<end dramatic music>

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,505 Views)