Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Adult sims wont put toddlers to bed/read to if bed against wall

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work, Parenthood, Dine out, Vintage Glamour stuff, Holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into gameplay and see if it works for you.
What happens when the bug occurs? I ask my adult sims to put a toddler to bed, they pick up the toddler and say they cant get to the bed when there is nothing in the way.
What do you expect to see? The adult should put the toddler to bed straight away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I click on a toddler bed, Select put toddler to bed, then the adult says shows the bubble and says they cant get to the toddler or bed (shows the sign with foot steps with a cross). 

Message 1 of 40 (25,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adult sims wont put toddlers to bed/read to if bed against wall

[ Edited ]
Hero

Adult Sims will now be able to successfully put Toddlers to bed. I wonder what their secret is. I may need to tap them for tips.

Fixed in 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 40 (23,652 Views)

All Replies

Re: My adult sims wont put toddlers to bed

Hero

Hi @abi5351

could you please remove all your mods/cc and test without

All bugs must be tested on a vanilla game.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (25,845 Views)

Re: My adult sims wont put toddlers to bed

★★★★ Guide

I've also recently encountered this issue as well with a household that had a toddler before any patches in November. The toddler themself can go to bed on their own fine but if I want an adult to do it I had to do a workaround where I manually picked up the toddler and then clicked the bed to put them to bed. I have no mods or cc. Perhaps a way to test is to sell the bed and place it back again? I haven't tried that yet. Also could depend on the specific bed too.

Message 3 of 40 (25,832 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] adult sims wont put toddlers to bed

★ Guide

I've had this issue too, i've tried moving the bed and/or deleting the bed and buying a new one, but the issue is still there!

Message 4 of 40 (25,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've had this before when I put a toddler bed with one side against a wall and a child's bedside table on the other side.

Removing the bedside table didn't change anything, but moving the bed so both sides were accessible allowed the adult to put the toddler to bed.

However toddlers being put to bed can be a bit buggy at times, toddlers will get out of the bed the opposite side they were put down from, and then climb back onto the bed.

Edit: The only workaround I can suggest is have both sides of toddler beds clear of walls and objects. It's not ideal and looks pretty bare/ugly. Frown

Message 5 of 40 (25,804 Views)

Re: adult sims wont put toddlers to bed

Hero

Could you guys try moving furniture around and make sure there's enough room @abi5351 @LadyAelswith @paradiseplanet27

Also always test on an umodded game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 40 (25,777 Views)

Re: adult sims wont put toddlers to bed

★★★★ Guide

The house did have the toddler bed against the wall and when I moved it to where both sides were accessible I could send the toddler off to bed perfectly fine as if there was no problem. I can say on my end at least this is an acceptable workaround.

Message 7 of 40 (25,750 Views)

★★ Novice

Thankyou I will try this and see if it works.

Message 8 of 40 (25,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@abi5351 have you been able to test if this works if you don't put it against the wall ? (still sounds like a potential issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (25,527 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sims wont put toddlers to bed if bed against wall

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 40 (25,424 Views)