Re: Adult sims wont put toddlers to bed/read to if bed against wall

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Adult sims wont put toddlers to bed/read to if bed against wall

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hello!
I've had this issue for ages, it's been such a pain in the butt that two gens or toddlers in my legacy have never had a bedtime story.
Even normal "Put To Bed" sometimes gives me whiny parents who won't stop waving.
All my toddlers just put themselves to bed, it's not realistic but it makes me scream at my game less
Message 31 of 40 (3,498 Views)

★ Guide

Unless the parent is a family Sim that rolls those types of whims, I just don't bother with the interaction any more. Problem solved. All of my toddlers have turned out happy, even without being read to sleep. (You can put a radio in the kid's room and set it to the lullaby channel for extra measure.)

I have had some families where I have had to move the bed away from the wall. Mom or Dad is happy, having read the little darling to sleep, and I can even put off buying a nightlight for a Sim week or two. Just be advised that you will have toddlers with the blue moodlet (from nightmares) from time to time. They can usually sleep it off after a few minutes, or the parent can calm them down so they go back to sleep.

Message 32 of 40 (3,492 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh my god @sleekoduck87 , I had no idea you could set a radio to lullaby so that they don't get nightmares! This is ace! I always use the nightlight but I love this new possibility to switch it up! 

And so you're saying that reading a kid to sleep can also decrease risks of nightmares? I had no clue... I used the interaction to max the imagination and parenting skills, as well as the relationship! Didn't know it could have an impact on their sleep patterns. I thought the whole nightmare thing was completely at random to be honest!

Message 33 of 40 (3,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that this bug still exists. Happend to me in the pet place at the starter house, placed the bed inside a room against a wall, non of the parents could do anything, realy got me wondering cause I have gotten it to work only days ago. put headreast of the bed against a wall with no sides of the bed touching a wall and voilla parents can interact again....

I haven another bed issu tho aswell, same house hold sometimes the parents are acting like they arent a couple when trying to put them to sleep, vaking up and bouncing out of bed the second the other lies down. But suppose that should be in a differnt thread.

Message 34 of 40 (3,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Pyromanser  Indeed, it is still a problem.

I haven't played with toddlers for some months, but now have new offspring here and there. I was really disappointed that the "bed problems" are still a thing. No bed time stories, no "put to bed". Of course, it doesn't change a thing if the toddlers do everything themselves (including take their own food without highchair), but I looked at my old screenshots with all the bedtime pics and toddler scenes from the start... And that's kind of sad, because it was very cute. Frown

The adult's sleep problems still need mods, otherwise you have sims lying on the floor (butt towards the sun) instead of going to work after all these nights of jumping in and out of beds.

Message 35 of 40 (3,383 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game too, and having the toddler bed against the wall is what usually works best in my households. Something you could do to get around this is to get the adult sim to pick up the toddler and command them to "Put _____ here." The adult sim will change the toddler into their pyjamas before sitting them on the bed, and then you can click on the toddler and command "Read to sleep."

This is fiddly and shouldn't be necessary in the game, but if you want your bed against the wall, you might like this idea for now. Sometimes it won't work for some reason that I don't understand, but getting the adult sim to move somewhere else in the child's room and then commanded them to put the toddler in the bed may help!

Message 36 of 40 (3,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Adult Sims will now be able to successfully put Toddlers to bed. I wonder what their secret is. I may need to tap them for tips.

Fixed in 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 40 (23,788 Views)

★★ Guide

It’s still happening. I couldn’t get my sims to put their tot to bed/read them to sleep if said bed was placed sideways against the wall. I had to pull it out half a square from the wall to get it working again. Placing the head or foot of the bed against the wall works fine.  I’m fully updated  and on a Mac. 

Message 38 of 40 (3,184 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @shadedgrey63!

First of all, thanks so much for making us aware that this is still happening in your game!

Because we tried to address this with the previous patch and it did apparently not quite work out as we planned, would you mind creating a new report for us so we can keep better track of how many people are still seeing this issue after the patch? That would be super awesome! :eahigh_file:
Here is how you can do that.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 40 (3,155 Views)

Hero
Thanks for making a new thread.

I'm linking it here for easier finding: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-can-t-be-put-to-bed-read-to-sleep-if-bed-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (3,089 Views)