[FIXED] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

by ShinyGeodude

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If its a played house find the ghost and send to neither world, ghost will giveup their money after they leave.

Problem is starting point of Sims is based on size of household, 1 sim 20,000 2 sims 40,000 each sim has 20,000.  They save the money separately.  So if sim that one the Lottery leaves the house that sim will take the jackpot money with them.  Also when adding to family in manage world use save household, not reset household when the box comes up that resets the household funds to the beginning.

Edit: Played ghost will have their tombstone where they died I hope that helps.

Edit: I also forget to mention when DU came out the household move was updated to allow you to transfer money to sims leaving for University.

Message 71 of 101 (612 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VIKING5GRL 
Sadly this seems to be a universal issue for all platforms.  I don't think console has the patch that added to split and move option.
That may be of some help as a workaround until a true fix becomes available.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 72 of 101 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9Thanks for your help.. I've tried clicking on the tombstone to release spirit to netherworld but it's no longer an option since adding them to the household. Is there another way to do this?

Message 73 of 101 (570 Views)

Re: Hard Earned Money Lost

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EuphorialQueenI attempted to add a new sim to my household using the Household Manager. I did so in order to to have the new sim be a sibling to an existing sim. After I added that sim to the household, and before I saved the game, I noticed that over 700K of income turned into 23K. Since I hadn't saved, I quit the game and reset my household to its original occupants and income. Would I be able to make a sim a sibling if I had them move in using the "ask to move in" function? I didn't assume so which is why I hadn't.

Thank you so much for your tips and thoughts on cheats. I'm scared to use any cheats at all but if I do to I'll take very careful caution in my actions.

Also, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong forum. I'll try to not make that mistake again in the future.

Message 74 of 101 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueenThank you for your help.. Hope this is fixed soon as it seems to be going on for a while! For now, with the one sim I'm keeping, I bought 55 of the 15,000 violins with all of the money from that household and placed them in her inventory so I can move her out. Then I'll delete the remaining sims as there will be little money left lol.

Message 75 of 101 (564 Views)

File corruption causing loss of money after creating sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together , Get to Work Game Packs; Realm of Magic Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff Free Stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When your game save/file gets corrupted, you may encounter-this bug. Steps I've tried with EA Support Agents/myself: 1. Restore Previous save(Confusing, Messes up, Can't find the right pre-corruption file) 2. Clear Cache, Restore files then Run New Admin User for testing (Problem: Can't find the correct folder to delete and same issue with Restoring Previous Save) 3. Restore File in-game 4. Uninstall Origin client 5. Uninstall game itself on Origin client 6 Run Mac in Safe Mode( Problem, Origin is over-zoomed, cant scroll up or down. When trying to run game via shortcut, error shown below: new proc failed with errno: 0x56 /Users/leehayeskerr/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Frameworks/ActivationUI.app/Contents/MacOS/ActivationUI All 6 troubleshooting steps failed/ had issues. Please provide other steps not listed above if possible. Otherwise, please tell me how to fix issue in above steps Two case IDs from EA Help were generated for your reference: #53442000 #53627917(I would like to clarify something with this one case The Legacy Edition Part of the case is not the main issue, the corruption is. By the way, I absolutely do not require Legacy Edition based on the Tech Specs of my Mac. I'm using a 16in Macbook Pro, MacOS Catalina)
What happens when the bug occurs? Money gets reduced after adding Sim to household P.S. I've tried removing the mods folder, but it regenerates with one file in it: Resource.cfg Is that normal? i've also used Death Flowers from gallery, and a failed Ambrosia from gallery(since I did not cook it myself.) Anyway, for the'Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? ' I will just put as 'no' since I'm unsure but please keep in mind this info and remember that I'm unsure if what I did counts as Mods/CC What do you expect to see? Money added instead of reduced
What do you expect to see? Money added instead of reduced
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Rough recording of the bug:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVH9sW-IJvYhx7zioffn6Haxo_w?e=8WQ2Ng

. Let me know if you need other file and I'll attach them through a post! Help is greatly appreciated because I put a lot of effort into this household... Hope you understand...I've been trying so hard to resolve this issue. Sorry if the post is too wordy!Frown I want to give you as much info as I can!

Message 76 of 101 (643 Views)

Re: File corruption causing loss of money after creating sim

Hero
@HayesKerr This is a known bug.

I merged your post with the thread on it.

All you can do is cheat back the money with the money cheat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 101 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! Can you share more details about the cheat? How do I access your thread affect it? Will it add Mods to my game and affect it?

Message 78 of 101 (618 Views)

Hero
@HayesKerr You can find some info about cheats here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat

There's also info about the money cheat.

Cheating doesn't add any mods. Mods/CC are only added to your game if you put them in your mods folder actively. The only file that's created by the game is the resource.cfg which isn't a mod itself but file needed so that the game can recognize mods/cc.

If you never downloaded anything from a third party site and manually added to that mods folder, you won't have mods/cc in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 101 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Dear @crinrict ,

Thank you so much! Aside from this, is there any other method to fix this? Because I'm the type of player that gets guilty when cheating and my main aim is to un-corrupt the file to not cause other bugs in future(which I'm afraid ofFrown). Still, much thanks for your kind suggestion! Please  get back to me if you have anymore solutions/doubts.Standard smile

Cheers,

@HayesKerr 

Message 80 of 101 (578 Views)