by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Re: Hard Earned Money Lost

Hero
@opalmirth Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 101 (969 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Household Funds disappearing?

Champion (Retired)

Testing after 1.58.63.1010 Patch 12Nov2019 with positive results.

I added Sims to households already in game. In each case household funds increased.

One was the Pancakes household which had 20k on hand.
Added two children and the result was 26k household funds.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 62 of 101 (1,025 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

Champion (Retired)

@courtrkb  @redsilentwolf28  @Haka1978 
Are you still seeing this in your game?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 63 of 101 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug also

Message 64 of 101 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueenSeems like the issue is affected when you add pets to a household, i had a family of 2 sims + 2 pets got 20k, 22k starting with no pets as you can see from images.

Message 65 of 101 (975 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm here to add that this happened to me as recently as this last Saturday. Adding an adult member of the household (that I meant to make as a sibling to an existing sim) reset over 700K to 23K. Fortunately I didn't save that game's progress after adding the sim to the household, so I exited the game without saving and the household income (and members) reset to the existing household with the original money.

Is there a way with cheats to make a sim that doesn't live in the same household as another one a sibling? Based on what I'm seeing on this thread, it seems like this is a long lasting problem that can only be worked around with cheats (for how much I don't want to use cheats, I can because I have the PC version)

Message 66 of 101 (922 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@matthew1112   @ForgottenJess04 
My dreams are smashed { sad face }
Though it initially appeared this was fixed it still seems to affect some households.
Very inconvenient at the least especially if you are working towards a fortune related goal.
==
Is there a way with cheats to make a sim that doesn't live in the same household as another one a sibling? Based on what I'm seeing on this thread, it seems like this is a long lasting problem that can only be worked around with cheats (for how much I don't want to use cheats, I can because I have the PC version)

==
You might try adding them to your household first.
Then use the CAS.fulleditmode cheat to change the relationship.
If you intend on them living in another household the option to split them out on their own.
*I have not done this myself. Save your game before attempting.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 67 of 101 (1,042 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EuphorialQueen When I attempted to add this sim to the household last it reset my entire household's funds. Would the CAS.fulleditmode cheat change this outcome? Will the CAS.fulleditmode cheat work if I make the sim in their own household and then edit their relationship to other sims? I'm willing to try this idea and I greatly appreciate the help. Just want to make sure I understand what I need to do.
Message 68 of 101 (1,036 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@ForgottenJess04 

@ForgottenJess04 wrote:
@EuphorialQueenWhen I attempted to add this sim to the household last it reset my entire household's funds. Would the CAS.fulleditmode cheat change this outcome? Will the CAS.fulleditmode cheat work if I make the sim in their own household and then edit their relationship to other sims? I'm willing to try this idea and I greatly appreciate the help. Just want to make sure I understand what I need to do.

How did you add them to your household?
The original focus in this thread was loss of funds by adding another Sim via CAS.
The game mechanics offer was to add NPCs or other Sims already in game.
You should be able to 'ask to join household' without loss of funds.
Using Manage World to move Sims between households is safe and in my testing (results may vary) has not made a negative impact on family funds.
New actions were added via 1.58.69.1010 Patch 25Nov2019 to 'split and move' Sims out of your household.
That option should also not change your main household funds except what you give to the Sim moving out.
Disclaimer: Any cheats are used at your own risk. There are some that were disabled by EA/Maxis as causing potential though unintended harm.
Always save your game before making changes using cheats.
The use of the CAS.fulleditmode cheat should not impact household funds if the Sim being edited is part of your current household.

In my experience and testing (results may vary) adding a Sim to the household using anything except adding via CAS has not changed family funds.
Make note of family funds before adjusting your household.
On the off chance funds are reduced significantly you can use a money cheat to add back exact funds.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 69 of 101 (1,016 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ForgottenJess04 
I am adding a separate post with additional information about cheats and adjusting family funds.

With testingcheats on type the word money and an exact amount and enter.
Example:
If I want to make my household funds §35,000 I would type " money 35000 " without quotation marks.
I use the same method to reduce funds to Zero by typing " money 0000 " without quotation marks.

There are many guides to cheats and other information. I find Carl's Sims 4 Guide invaluable.
Carl's Sims 4 Guide to Cheats 
TwistedMexi Website is another trusted site.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 70 of 101 (1,010 Views)